[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - MRI and CAT scan

MRI and CAT scan

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MRI and CAT scan

Postby ginnie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:53 am

Hi,I have to go on Thursday for an MRI and CAT scan.I've had quite a few over the years,but at the moment I'm having a nasty flare up and am dreading going.I'd be really grateful if anyone has any tips on how to relax when having these.I'm not allowed to wear headphones,so my relaxation tape won't help!I've been told I'll probably be in that machine for about 40 minutes although last time I was an hour.I'm going to have had my meds hours earlier and can't take my evening ones,but my appointment isn't till 5.35pm!!Any suggestions will be useful,even if it's just a cup of herbal tea lol :? Thanks,take care.
ginnie
UKFM Newbie

Re: MRI and CAT scan

Postby loubie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:50 am

hi ginnie :hugs:

the only thing i can say is try and stay calm
MRI scan is not a nice thing to go through is it, i can't
were head sets as my ears are to sensitive,
so i got as comfy as i could, and kept my eyes shut the
whole time,and put myself in my favorite place, the beach.
i love Cyprus, so that is were i went in my head :D
worked for me :hugs:
hope it all goes well for you
biggest thing though is to stay calm :hugs:
cat scan is not so bad. :flowers: :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby ginnie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi loubie
Thanks for replying, like you,I can't wear the headphones,I too love Cyprus so I'll do the same and imagine myself at my favourite place.I agree about the relaxing,I'm the same at the Dentist,as soon as I tense up the panic sets in.Like you said the CAT is ok except I find having to rest my head on the hard surface is the worst, because as well as my lumbar region I have the Myodil dye stuff stuck at the base of my skull and thats where I get the pain,but the CAT doesn't take as long as the MRI.
Thanks again xx :flowers:
ginnie
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi Ginnie :goodluck1: for Thursday, I can only suggest the same as Loubie, I always keep my eyes shut and try to wander away in my head tends to work ok for me :fingerscrossed: anyway will be thinking of you lets know how you get on :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:20 pm

:goodluck2: with your scans. :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:48 pm

During the last MRI scan I had, I was lent a sleep mask to put over my eyes by one of the people doing the scans as I was so anxious about going into it again. As for wandering off in my head to somewhere nice/safe, I didn't get chance to try it as I passed out. The staff thought I'd fallen asleep, but when I came round it was apparent that wasn't the case :yikes: :yikes: Ear plugs might be helpful if you cam wear them to block out some of the noise (I know you're not allowed to wear headphones) :fingerscrossed: Hope it all goes smoothly for you. :goodluck1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:21 pm

:goodluck1: with your scan on thursday ginnie :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby ginnie » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi,thanks everyone for your kind words.All went ok,for the first time I had to have my head clamped which I haven't had done beforein an MRI.They realised when they asked me to keep still because I'd moved and they had to do them again!I hadn't actually moved but my back and shoulders had gone into spasm :? Anyway all went ok until I came out,sat up ok but went to stand and the next minute I was on the floor!I'd fainted,apparantly my BP which is usually high,just dropped suddenly when I stood up.It's never happened before an unfortunately on the way down I must have fallen on my left knee,so today I have a huge blue/black swollen knee and the mother of all headaches :( So I'm going to take extra Pregablin AND co codamols and do nothing but try and get some sleep.I'll be fine tomorrow,hopefully :fingerscrossed: Thanks again,take care and have a good weekend,Ginnie xx
ginnie
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:02 pm

HI GINNIE :wave:
glad it all went well apart from the fall :hugs: :hugs:
hope you feel better soon
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Ginnie hope you are ok and start to feel better over the weekend, glad its over for you :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Hope you are feeling better now Ginnie, make sure you rest up. :hugs: :flowers:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping