[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Going off my head

Going off my head

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Going off my head

Postby Terri75 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:03 pm

I really just need to have rant but any tips would be welcomed as well.

I feel as though my body is completly failing me, I am so sore all the time, my head thumps most of the time and builds up to a migraine half the time. My muscles are so sore the worst just now is my shoulder which is travelling down my arm, my knee hurts so much there is no comfy way to sit or lie with it. My IBS is so bad just now been put on new meds for this which I am still sitting on the fence about if they work or not, I feel sick constantly its just awful. All this and trying to carry on my full time job because I am the only one earning in the house at the moment its just taking its toll on me, I have no energy whatsoever, at the weekends I just sleep in the afternoons as I have no energy to do anything. My GP doesnt seem to think or do much about this, unfortunately I have just had 2 family members pass away and I am still trying to come to terms with my father dying last christmas the doctor just puts everything down to that and tell me it will pass, also people around me dont understand what FM is or what it does to your body I just feel so frustrated and tired, I feel as though I am stuck in a nightmare. I currently take Amitryptiline which is also prescribed for depression and co-codamol and I top this up with Ibruprofen, I am on various meds for my migraines basically I am a walking pharmacy :roll:

Sorry for the rant had to get it out of me and to people who understand.

Terri :flowers:
Terri75
UKFM Member

Re: Going off my head

Postby denys » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Terri, so sorry you are feeling this way. It's horrible to hurt so badly and have no-one who understands, I think this change in the weather is making everyone hurt a bit more and having to go to work when all you want to do is curl up in bed. Can you go sick for a little while or so to let you build up some energy and rest up a little.

Coming up to the anniversary of losing your dad wont help either, or the loss of your family members. Wish I could give you a real hug but I cant so sending you the next best thing :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:

Maybe talk to your doc about upping your amitriptyline for a while just to give you a boost :?: :?: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Terri75 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 am

Unfortunately I am at my limit of time off sick one more sick day and I get disciplinary action which doesnt help with the stress. I am on the full whack of Amitriptyline 200mg at night, I just hate waking every day feeling so ill and sore, I agree since the cold weather has came in every muscle and joint seems to be protesting we had snow up here the other day as well I was like a dog not wanting to go out to work because I know I would ache all day with the cold. I am also cold all the time, does anyone know if this is another endless symptom? At this moment I am sitting at my desk in work with a fleece jacket on and a knitted scarf round my neck, I was always the one turning down the heating as my husband was cold and had the house like the tropics but now its me, when I am at home I just lie on the settee with a blanket wrapped around me, it sucks, I just feel like I am caught in a viscious circle just now and its really getting me down. I feel 34 going on 94 at the mo :crazy:

Thanks for the hugs, very appreciated and nice to know I am not alone.

T xx :blowkiss:
Terri75
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:48 pm

You certainly aren't alone Terri, hope things start to improve for you soon :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby gizsam » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:54 am

hi terri,

I know its hard,im new to this,i walked into a hospital for ortho appointment and came out 3 hours later,being thankful that a rheumalogist saw me the same day but she gave me the word fibro,i didnt have a clue what that meant..and im a nurse!!

It answer alot of my issues and problems over the last few months,i think stress is a factor,to lose family members and the grief is awful. :hugs:

Im only 36 and the stress of being the only wage earner is hard and we are in alot of debt too, which it not helping.
I struggle with taking time off sick as ,the nhs is not the most supportive and can lead to action too.

I think the cold is getting to us all,we cant afford to repair the boiler so we have no central heating,so im the one sitting with thermal vest,fleece,2 blankets and hot water bottle!! and 2 pairs of socks!

we moved to cumbria to enjoy walking the hills which we did on a regular basis ,up in till 2 years ago,thats gone out of the window.

You are not alone in this miserable world and people do understand what you are going though.
:hugs: :hugs: :wine: [chocolate] :flowers: :hugs: :hugs:

Cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:45 am

Hi
Sorry to hear about your family members passing away. :hugs:

Sounds like you might need to review your meds?
Ami`s do help with depression and pain and this is a med that is used for fibro sufferers but after a while your body does become used to them.

Have a look around the forum at what others are using for their pain. Print some info off and take it to the docs.

Getting the pain under control makes a big difference. :hugs: :flowers:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Terri75 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 am

Thank you both for your posts.

I suspect I have had it for years I just never realised it at the time as I had many symptoms but no diagnosis or crappy ones like the inside of my knee cap breaking up inside or my discs herniating a little but no sure fire treatments. My back was that bad that I used 2 walking stick when I was in my 20s for a few years then we got a house (bungalow) which means no stairs as I was living at my now husbands place and he was 3 floors up with no elevator.

I also work for the NHS and you would think they would be more sympathetic but no they are worse and this leads to more pressure when you feel so ill. Losing the family members is hard one of the recent ones was very sudden, and with dad gone no one wants to call mum and tell her so it is up to me to do all the family stuff good or bad mostly bad news I have to step up and do it as I am an only child, so this leads to me stressing myself out majorly and this in turn makes me ill.

I was doing good at the start of the year I was losing weight I was managing to go on the wii fit every night now that seems to have come to a crashing halt which depresses me. I hate being sore all the time, my husband is sick of hearing me complain of being sore even though I try not to do it much, I just feel so alone at the moment. There is only one other person I know with this, she is a Aunt but she is fighting cancer at the moment so nows not the time to ask questions we just have a little moan when we chat.

The money situation bothers me as we are also in debt and christmas is approaching and as always I will have to manage to pull christmas out my backside and make it special for everyone, even though I just want to pass christmas this year as my memories will be for a long time will be going to see my dad in the funeral home on christmas day. I have a 4 year old grandson who I know I will make christmas special for I managed to pull it off last year through my grief for him. I just dont know I feel very low just now, I have a houseful coming this afternoon and I have no energy for it but I do what I always do and put a smile on my face a grin and bear it even tough I just want to curl up in a corner somewhere.

God that was a depressing story was it lol :sick:

T xx
Terri75
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:16 pm

hi,

Thats one hell of a story.... :hugs: :hugs: :wine: [chocolate] ...........

Its awful,i dont have the grief and despair of losing a love one,but i understand that working for the nhs is crap,a husband who thinks you are playing on it,and doesnt understand and trying to magic money out of your backside!!!!!

You are not alone in this s***!! :hugs:

Cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 am

join the club :wine: :wine:

i am lucky or unlucky i don;t work now but we are up to our neck in it to.

money worries after our post office lcosing and gettig repossessed - we do live in our own home but the morgage is all my husbands wage - sadly we would be better off if we walked out and moved into rented but we are too proud.

oh is moving on with his life and thinking of going back to work 4 or 5 days after me getting ill and caring for me and my sister. nvoelyty factor has worn off after 9 months of sick partner :( :(

i wish i could go back....

i am lucky i don;t work but when i wake up and feel okish i thin k perhaps i should go back and do something - then i only manage to walk to end of ur street and am in agony.

i once had to ring oh at 4am to pick me up as i couldn't get back up our hill :lol: :lol: :lol:

what will become of us all = what a life :lol: .

i was training to be a nurse and miss it = i keep thinking should i try again but don't think i would cope with 40 hours per week on placement - seem to be no half way house.

i don't like vegging in house .. :banghead: :needhug: sorry to steal your rant :grouphug: :grouphug: you are the only ones that understand.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:31 am

Hi Animalhouse, it is horrible being in a situation that you cant get out of, I know exactly how you feel, I liked my job and felt quite useful whereas now I sit at home and if it wasnt for this forum would vegetate completely.

This time of year makes money worries seem even worse than normal and it's easy to slip into that deep hole called depression. Sending you loads of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and some medicinal :wine: :wine: [chocolate] [chocolate] and :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping