[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - bed and sleep

bed and sleep

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

bed and sleep

Postby judith » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Am new to the forum. Have had fibro for probably a very long time, but only "officially" diagnosed about 18 months ago. I also have very wide spread osteoarthritis, feet, hands, knees. I keep very active and involved in a lot of interests. My main area of discomfort was not being able to sleep and often left the marital bed for months at a time. I have now got a memory foam mattress which I would recommend anyone with any of these conditions to get. Not an expensive Tempur one as seen in mags, but from a bed shop. Along with being prescribed with mild amitriptylene I have never slept better. Still wake up with considerable pain, but at least can face the day after several hours of good sleep.

I used to drive my husband demented by not being able to keep still in bed, burning sensations, irritable legs, pain in almost every joint, now the mattress just lulls me to sleep, I have trouble getting out of it some mornings - sleep is my friend again.
judith
UKFM Member

Re: bed and sleep

Postby denys » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Glad you've found something that helps you. This is something that has been discussed on a previous board and if I remember rightly opinion was pretty much in favour of the memory foam mattresses though not so much for the pillows :?: :!: :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: bed and sleep

Postby wee rascal » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:39 pm

I've been thinking about memory foam myself actually...glad to hear that it's something that's worked for you :)

I can't afford a new mattress...but could maybe run to a mattress topper. Once I get Christmas out of the way of course :fingerscrossed:

Catherine x

wee rascal
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping