[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - OMG...i've been dense aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG...i've been dense aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

OMG...i've been dense aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Graduate » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:18 pm

hiya all

i've not been on in a week or so cos of sensory overload, managing my net time better now lol

looks like it'll take me some time to catch up with you all so please bear with me

I'VE BEEN REALLY DENSE AND I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY, they say god has a purpose

i've always tried to manage this condition without medical intervention and for the longest time whatever i did would always run out of steam after a while and i'd have to look for alternatives

i can't believe the money i've spent trying to kick the beast's butt

if you can possibly bear with me i'll just give you a few examples

i spent three years on doc pills, yuk yuk and more yuk, i had four young children and went from not sleeping at all to sleeping all day grrrrrrr with littlies, i call this period the dark ages

a friend introduced me to a community group with a free creche, within three years i was chair, during this period i came off the pills, continued as an insomniac but had my h home to get the children through their early morning routines while i would do the night shift

i figured i was sad, borrowed a light box one winter, the following summer was glorious with a lot of picnics and fun in the parks with all our friends and family,

a very kind friend bought me a dose of chiropractic apps which helped hugely until the chiropractor left after 6 mths

i continued my education, culminating in a degree with the help of chamomile for sleep, valerian for pain, tranquility for stress in the form of teas, along with a nightly mantra, i am strong, there is no pain, it's time to go to sleep
walked the dogs every day, only took nurofen for acute pain

first year of the degree and i was was doing 20 mins of skipping an evening and, thanks to student loan, bought a tens machine, taught myself a relaxation technique to ward of anxiety attacks whilst studying, anything to complete the degree, i've been using warm milk/horlicks to re-regulate sleep pattern to ensure no missed classes, and ever since it's worked so well

my regime took me to final year and a frozen shoulder which lasted eighteen months then we had last winter and all its chaos, d1s chaos, and my awakening to h's alcoholism, we actually do need help because i have coped alone for long enough and exhausted my extensive tool box

i took myself off to the doc this summer, i've had enough, can't cope, back on all the meds, one thing i wanted to avoid grrrrr, but we are coping well at the mo

i've been cleaning house ever since and laid down the law to my grown up children,
issued the ultimatum that had been a long time coming and sorting my study out to develop my home based crafting business, got carpal tunnel, stalled until this last ten days

had some unpleasantness last month with the h and he went away for a while
he's been back almost a fortnight and, (shh), by jove i think he's got it, (shh) touch wood fingers xssed, and all things of such ilk

whilst organising my home, i came across the tens machine languishing, batteryless, at the back of the first aid drawer, i also managed to get a light therapy box for less than a fiver thanx to a stroke of luck and an old mobile

four days light therapy, three tens treatments and i feel like i could run a marathon, i truly feel like a new woman
i've taken charge of the family finances and am planning meals and sticking to a budget, the difference eating properly makes
if it's placebo, carry on
if it truly is therapy, carry on, i can finally see my business coming to fruition after four years planning

omg i've been dense, fell into the black hole needlessly, i'm glad i found the kit, it means the difference between managing and not while also allowing me to see the true extent of our familial relationships
it's brought my friends closer along with my family and tonight i honestly feel that i am an extremely lucky woman to be so loved
i found the doctor is more prepared to help if you're prepared to help yourself, i can't wait til i go back this week, with the new drug regime preventing the nausea, i can get through my days again, i've only had two sick days in the last ten

more awareness of this condition is definitely required, i was thinking about maybe locally setting up a support group and probably raise the issue in the media, i'd like some feedback on this idea
this new therapy could enable this to happen?

fingers xssed

hoping you are well this evening

sending big purple hugs xx
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Re: OMG...i've been dense aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby denys » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:40 pm

What fantstic news Karen, so glad you have found what works for you :woot: :woot: :goodluck1: with your business, hope it goes from strength to strength. Setting up a support group is always a good idea, if there isnt one already in your area, same for the media. It may bring more focus on the condition. lets know how you get on :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Lovely to see you back on here with us, Karen, your big purple hugs have been very missed :hugs: :hugs: What you're doing sounds amazing, hope it all carries on going so well for you :goodluck2: Do things at your own pace, I don't think you've been dense, we can all fall into that unknown void, and it can take time to find the way out of it, and if you've got a spare torch to help find the way out of the blackness, can I borrow it please :fingerscrossed: :wine: :wine: [chocolate] [chocolate]

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby auroura » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:05 am

Hi Karen, good luck with the business, setting up a support group sounds fantastic :D I have always wondered about a light box, wish i could try before i buy lol. Take care
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:41 am

Hi Karen, good luck setting up a support group, happy to hear you have found something to help ease your pain. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping