[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - thick tights

thick tights

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

thick tights

Postby princess » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Well up here in Scotland its freezing cold, my legs are like wood, and its timeto put on the thick tights under the trousers - believe me it helps.
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: thick tights

Postby budda » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Yes the same here, got sore legs back hips, the cold makes me worse, it would be great to go a lovely holiday in the sunshine for 6mounths.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:30 pm

what a great idea = thanks :wine:

my knees and ankles/feet have been aching and a looked at long johns in a camping shop but they were 2 for £20 so have been
using support bandages.

and it will even keep my belly warm! cant beoieve at 39 the most important thing now is having a nice warm back/bellyQ :wink:
:wave:

i usually hold a heat pack on with my back support but was embarassing when it dropped out the other week whilst going around the shops. :lol: :lol:

some nice young lad politely ibnformed me i had dropped something on the floor :oops: :oops:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Mine have been out for a few weeks already :yikes: :yikes:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:01 pm

hi princess good to have you back :hugs:

i like legins better under trousers as have trouble pulling tights up :roll:
fingers and wrists don't like them
the legins with the stirrup bottoms are great as keep my ankles warm too :D
:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:57 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby stephanini » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:25 am

i am an avon rep, and they have just started selling "body illussion leggings"...they are just like thick tights, they pull right up to under your bust, so they offer me support for my back, hips, pelvis, knees etc etc...unlike tights under trousers they dont "sag" as there quite tight fitting

i highly reccomend them to everyone...there £10 at the minute (usually £15),but they can be used as leggings or tights without the snagging or laddering...and there much warmer!!
[url]
http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp? ... &pagenum=1[/url]

stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Where can I get thick tights????????

I would do leggings but they feel really uncomfy for me, but then, thinking about it, I remember tights to be really uncomfortable too. I might sneak into primark for some leggings/tights (we don't shop at primark because I am always dubious about where the products come from, probably sounds stupid but I always feel guilty if I buy stuff from there thinking about poor people not getting paid properly for the work they put in).

ANywhere else thatxs cheap for leggings etc? Especially seeing as though DLA has seen fit to stop paying me, idiots.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Tesco and Asda weren't bad on price for plain black tights/leggings :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:25 pm

went to primark today looking for tights but then thought they might drive me made with the electricity/static in them as they only had opageue adn not woolly one.

came away with 2 pairs of black overknee socks for 2.50. haven't worn these since school. will see how they go. :P
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby gill » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:31 pm

I managed to get long johns at the end of last winter in the sale at £6...I always like marks and spencer wooly tights especially as they do extra large size,as im a size 20,and fairly tall.
gill
UKFM Member

Postby cala » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:28 pm

i struggle with tights and leggings as well but have found that thin jogging bottoms or yoga pants work well under jeans - but then most of my clothes are baggy due to pain in hips/stomach :(
'Lifes not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain'
cala
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:43 am

overknee socks worked great yesterday kept my knees nice and worm.

i missed my fluffy bed socks i weear normally, so i just wore those over top as well.

the only thing was you could see my spare tyres over top of socks from under my tracku/leggins but that didn't bother me.

thet were 1.50 for 2 not 2.50 sorry. good old primark.

will luck out for cheap long johns in sale next year. :wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:45 am

Think I'm going to have a look for something like those mentioned not sur about tights and getting them on :crazy: can't believe I've come to this - elasticated trousers baggy tops n looking for thermal undies :(

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Fab, don't be so hard on yourself!!!!! It sucks and I know I feel like an old lady what with all my layers, but what can we do?????

I am just waiting for heated trousers, jackets and gloves (or at least, heated clothes I can afford lol).
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping