[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - FM is it really that bad?

FM is it really that bad?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby destinyiow » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:30 am

destinyiow
UKFM Newbie

coping

Postby TracyJ » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:00 pm

HI guys, I'm new to the forum, and just recently 'formally' diagnosed, altho I was pretty sure I knew what it was as my mum also has this.

I'd just like to say that I sympathise with everyone who obviously has this horrible thing, but also that I will be damned if I will let this beat me!

I've been suffering for 3 years, and I have good days and bad ( wet weather ) like everyone, but at the end of it all, my brain still wants to be challenged, and the Doc saying I should take a less demanding job that I don't have to commute to just plain infuriates me. If I did that I would be depressed and miserable, in stead of being crabby but fulfilled.

I guess I just want to say thanks for inspiring me that its not the end of everything to be diagnosed, at least I'm not feeling like a hypochondriac anymore, and the more of us are diagnosed, the greater chance of an effective treatment.
TracyJ
UKFM Newbie

coping

Postby wendy87 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:48 pm

Your posts all help me. My daughter's father had pioneering heart surgery four years ago. He almost died. He now has synthetic arteries to the brain and down one arm. He has gone back to work. His GP loves him, I think because he is a success story. I think it cheers the GP up. It must be frustrating for GP's to see so many people that they can't cure or can't figure out what is happening to a person.

I ask my daughter's father if he is tired and hurting after he has been at work and he says no. I am tired and hurting full stop. The medical profession can't help me. I used to have a milder fibromyalgia or whatever anybody wants to call it since childhood. Since major surgery in 1998 it has worsened and I have lost my career after studying two degrees. I'd been in that particular job for 13 years. I've always worked. I've always been very active and I still get angry to the point of tears that my body hurts and I can't do things. I still get amazed that my daughter's father is not in pain after a day's work after going through so much. I think it depends on what kind of day or bit of day I'm having on whether my glass is half empty or full or whether I've dropped it all together!
wendy87
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:38 pm

yes wendy i know what you mean ,i had a hysterectomy nearly 2 years ago it took over 18 months to recover,thought i was never going to get over it but i did.my 74 year old mother can run rings round me.she carries my shopping,it should be the other way round.doesant make me feel good knowing i put on her like this.she really doesant mind though.she is fit as a fiddle.
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby KateXXXXXX » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:36 pm

Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
KateXXXXXX
UKFM Member

Postby sewsewmad » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:44 pm

sewsewmad
UKFM Member

Postby KateXXXXXX » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:11 pm

Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
KateXXXXXX
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:53 pm

cat123
UKFM Member

Postby sewsewmad » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:39 am

Hi Cat, I went to pain clinic about 5 years ago and was advised on how to manage FM and the consultant said it would not get worse. But it is getting a whole lot worse. The waiting list to go back to pain clinic is 18 months!! It is only 9.30am and I cannot keep my eyes open so I am off back to bed for another hour - had a very bad FM day yesterday. :( Will be back on line later. :)
sewsewmad
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:00 pm

I dont know how any consultant can say it doesant get worse!they dont know what itis, or studyied it to find out.Its true differant limbs get better but then others start on differant parts of the body.Ask to go to a differant hospital if there is another one.Another thing you could try,is ask your own gp what he can do himself.my fibro has got worse over the years,which is not surprising really.its bound to wear you out.
cat123
UKFM Member

help

Postby tina » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:28 pm

tina
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:16 pm

pauline
UKFM Member

Postby Looby Lou » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Looby Lou
UKFM Member