[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - what mattress do you suggest

what mattress do you suggest

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

what mattress do you suggest

Postby kas0161 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:06 pm

HI, ALL WAS JUST WONDERING CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST A GOOD MATTRESS, I AM VERY UNCOMFORTABLE ON MINE, WITH ALL THE PAIN IM IN, PLEASE HELP THANKS KAS XXX HOPE YOUR ALL WELL.
kas0161
UKFM Member

Re: what mattress do you suggest

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi
If you cant afford to buy a memory mattress you can get a foam mattress topper, i have a topper and find it really helps.
It helps to ease the stiffness. You can get pillows to.

Have a look online they are lots cheaper. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:52 pm

I have a memory foam mattress which I find much more comfortable than a conventional one. I know they can be expensive tho, and as shaz has said, a memory foam topper can be a much more economical option. Somewhere on here there are some threads about ideas that peeps have found helpful, and I think one suggestion to make a mattress more comfortable was to use a duvet like a mattress topper. Hope you find some comfort and relief soon :wave: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fabme » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi

I have a normal mattress with 2 duvets on top and it does make a difference and is a cheaper option than memory foam

On our pain management course the physio recommended a soft mattress with a duvet on top with feather stuffing and high tog rather than memory foam. I haven't got a feather one but will be getting one in January sales

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Emerald » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:06 am

If you havent already ask your OT about a proper medical pressure mattress topper or the district nurses, I got one for my mattress as they said memory foam can be just as bad depending. Its fab the difference it makes as I get very pressure sensitive heels, lower spine, hips etc, with that dont feel a thing.
Emerald
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 pm

I might be joining this thread a bit late but i wanted to join in and say that since my son bought me a memory foam mattress last year it has made a real difference. I't not made my sleep any deeper but what it has done is made me more comfortable so that come the morning i feel i have been hit by a small mini rather than a hit by a huge articulated lorry. If you can afford a middle price range one such as the ergo flex rather than go for a cheep one or a mattress topper as this is a false economy and they could never compare to the real thing, they are just not made in the same way... The only issue with foam mattresses are that they can be a bit hot as they are meant to mould around the body so that no part of the body feels pressure. they do this by using your body heat to heat the foam which activates the moulding process. The other issue is that some people can suffer nightmares. this is because the sleep can be so deep and undisturbed that that you dream a lot more - however that sort of deep sleep isn't something that fibro's usually have.
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby Crazygirl » Thu May 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi

I have a "Flexcell 25" mattress which is a combination of memory foam and ordinary foam. I think I got it from Sleep Cheaper over the internet. I came across it just over a year ago when my Granddad purchased one and whilst he was in hospital and I was house sitting I tried it. It gave me a good level of support but had a bit of give so no pressure on any points.
Crazygirl
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping