[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My wonderful new gadget is helping me

My wonderful new gadget is helping me

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My wonderful new gadget is helping me

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Just want to tell you all about a wonderful gadget i bought expecting it to be rubbish but its a life saver wished i bought it years ago.

Its an electric potato peeler called the Rotato Express, it cost me £16.99 off amazon and it really peels my spuds. I struggle peeling potatoes and we never have enough done for dinner, its as though were on rations. Now though kids are moaning about the amount i'm giving them.

Its sad really though isnt it - getting excited about a potato peeler

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Re: My wonderful new gadget is helping me

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Sounds like a good buy to me, esp at that price. TBH, when I started reading, I thought it was going to be a lot more expensive. Can you use it for other things like carrots and apples, or is it just for potatoes??

You'll have to start finding different things to do with the potatoes so you can use up all the ones it's peeling for you. AS for getting excited about a potato peeler, being sad.......I'm a fine one to talk, we all love gadgets here, and get excited about allsorts of techie things, and heaven help OH when we walk into somewhere selling lots of shiny things, he gets lost in the tool and computer stuff, while I'm in the middle of all the kitchen stuff, so you're not on your own :crazy: :yikes: (Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing now :? :shock: ) :lol: :lol:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fabme » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi

I struggle with potatoes as well I'll go and look at the peeler. After watching day time tv I bought a potato ricer where you put the potato in squish it through then all you have to do is put butter etc with a fork. It's very easy n if I can't to it my OH can do it :D

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Sorry I got it from eBay not amazon.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:31 pm

I had a look at potato ricers, but didn't know how heavy it was or how easy it was to use. Thankfully, DS has decided it is his job to mash the potatoes when we have them, and if he doesn't do them, OH usually gets the pan and masher in front of him. If all else fails, I put them in the food processor and blitz them :lol: :lol:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Sounds like a load of good ideas to me so I'm off to look on ebay when I've finished here :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:11 pm

It says it does apples but I haven't tried cos I don't peel them. I've tried carrots and they don't work.

You probably do waste a bit more potato than doing it by hand but I don't care if it's easier on my arms.

I chop my potato's up really small with a chop wizard so not too bad to mash. Looked at these ricer, are they really easy to push potato through

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping