Pain In The Morning

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pain In The Morning

Postby fabme » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi

On my pain management course recently the physio told us that the feather toppers along with a soft mattress is the best option rather than a memory foam mattress/topper and definatly not a hard orthopoeadic mattress. I must admit I have 2 duvets under my bottom sheet and they are so soft. I have a heated blanket that should go on the mattress but I haven't used it on top of the quilts as I was worried about fire risk, although it is a timed one that can be on all night. Does anyone else use this combination :?:

So I would highly recomend an all night heated blanket they're fab and the duvet on the bottom. The one thing I got from the course which has radically altered me neck and shoulder pain so much is altering my pillow. It has to be a feather pillow, you then use either a ribbon of scarf and tie it tightly around the middle so it looks like a butterfly. I also use a thinner pillow underneath as well but because of the butterfly shape you can mould it into your neck, it takes a bit to get used to it but I think it's fantastic :D

Hope some of this helps

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby m2kl » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:23 am

Many thanks for all these wonderful ideas and replies. I already have a feather mattress topper and a quilt on top of that but it still feels to hard for me. Lately i have been sleeping with a vest under my jamas and tucking it in but still i wake with tremendous pain and stiffness. I even wake myself at 6am to take my strong pain relief and this doesnt help. I wish i had some spare money for heated quilt/pad/blanket but am going to florida next week so have no spare cash. Will see once i get home though.

Thanks again x
m2kl
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Have a nice time in Florida :D and it should be warm enough for you not to wake freezing and reduce your pain/stiffness :D

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:39 pm

:woot: :woot: have a great time in Florida see you when you get back :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby m2kl » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 am

We're travelling up to London(from Devon) on saturday to fly to Florida on Sunday. Then come home on the 8th and then have a hospital stay too look forwards too :(

:wave:
m2kl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:48 am

:goodluck1: with the hospital xx
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Are leg warmers back in fashion?? WOW!!! :xmasdance1: I wish I'd kept the ones my lovely gran knitted me all those years ago! Mind you I shouldn't think they'll fit now :lol: Where can I get some from?? Keep warm all Cherry x :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:59 am

got mine from one of those stands on the street
you can get socks, tights, mittens, bobble hads etc there :xmasdance1:

before I discovered the leg warmers I took and old pair of socks
where the seat had a hole
cut off the foot part
and wore the leg part on my ellbowes :facepalm:

the sleeves of an old jumper,
or one which is way to small
will also do the trick

:blowkiss:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks Fibro-lu, :snowhappy: I'll have a look next week, but I will ytr the jumper things, thankyou! Have a happy-new-year-1 happy-new-year-2011-1 all of you! xx
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping