[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - WEATHER ISSUE/ SENSITIVY TO HEAT & COLD :)

WEATHER ISSUE/ SENSITIVY TO HEAT & COLD :)

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

WEATHER ISSUE/ SENSITIVY TO HEAT & COLD :)

Postby sjc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Hello, just wondering if other Fibromyalgia sufferers really gets affected by the weather changes we have in this country [I assume most of you do]. Love to know how you cope in extreme weather and how it affects you, personally. In my case, hot weather makes me extremely tired and sweaty. Now its that rainy, snowy weather, I feel more achey and depressed. The perfect weather for me is when its between 10 - 15 celcius and its sunny. Take care.
sjc
UKFM Member

Re: WEATHER ISSUE/ SENSITIVY TO HEAT & COLD :)

Postby denys » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Yes we seem to be affected by the weather or any type of temperature change. Also I seem to have a broken thermostat so when its cold out I can be hot and when its hot I can be cold, no happy medium :facepalm: :facepalm: I tend to try to wear lots of light layers so if I get to warm take one off and if I get cold put another on but I agree winter hurts and summer makes me soooo tired :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:04 pm

I am sensitive to the heat and cold.
I can never seem to be just right, its either hot flushes and taking layers off or freezing hands and feet with hot body, its all over the place. The cold weather does cause me more pain, i seem to ache more my bones hurt then in the summer the heat tires me out and fatigue hits me. :facepalm: cant win can we. :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:44 pm

Broken thermostat here as well, very similar to what denys and shaz have said. Can't seem to get it right. Was fighting with the ironing earlier, started off freezing told with a jumper on, after a few mins thought I was going to pass out as so hot, then a few mins after that, back to being freezing cold. Have a lovely blue tinge to my finger nails as well, even with 2 pairs of gloves on at a time :facepalm: :facepalm:

Don't think I cope particularly well with the temperature and weather side of things, if anything I just about function on a reasonable day :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 am

another one here with broken thermostat :yikes:
i am very sensitive to the weather or i would say
clouds really, as if its nice and clear i am a lot better
sudden changes i do suffer bad with. :crazy:
its heavy cloud out today as its snowing so not at work
as i am suffering with the pain.
i new it was coming as was starting to feel it yesterday
so put in my last annual leave at work because i new i would suffer :crazy:
hubby still says i should work for the weather stations :lol: :lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi All :wave: I have a dodgy thermostat too! In summer I get tired really quick but also if any of my skin is exposed to the sun my muscles and joints really hurt! It seems a bit odd but I only found this out whilst hanging the washing out in summer - my arms really hurt beyond anything I've felt before. Doesn't quite match what you guys say about summer :dunno: then in winter my hands and feet get either really hot or freezing cold with my body being the opposite! When everyone else is warm I'm freezing! I also get really depressed in winter too. What hope does anyone else have of understanding our poor thermostats if we can't? :D We live in hope Loads of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to all to keep you warm (or cool!) Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Fibro/me have problems with temperature.
Its because our hyperthalmus is affected by the virus.
So we heat up and cool down at wrong times.
As im sitting here the sweat is running off me other times im freezing.
Its just part of the big picture of ME/Fibro.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Quackers » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:09 am

I often say that my thermostat is broken
Like all the people on this thread I can be dripping with sweat one moment and really cold the next.
Extremes of temperatures also affect me in the way described as well.
Summer in the South of England is not a good experience for me and can be worse than the cold we have had recently
How can they say that there are no 2 people with the same fibro symptoms when so many of us have exactly the same????
Is it just that the medical profession cannot be bothered to look at the list?
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby sjc » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:50 am

happy-new-year-1

Hi there....Yes, I am same....I wish I knew why fibro causes so much problems for sufferes.....I can be really cold one minute to the point I am hugging the radiator...But summer is a nightmare.....I love the dry weather....but hot weather is terrible, especially if it is over 20 celcius....Plus, I have to walk everywhere at the moment, because I cannot get a car, so sweating intensifies, if you know what i mean.....It is not comfortable when one is hot and sweating.....hopefully, this summer will not be too bad.
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby sleepyrich » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:11 pm

I have recently been more aware of the cold, but something that really stands out is cold objects in my hand, for example holding a bottle of milk from a chiller, standing in the que waiting to pay and it feels like the milk is going to burn through my fingers.
sleepyrich

Postby denys » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 am

I agree, sometimes picking up a cup of tea or coffee, managing to not spill it over myself is one hurdle, but I find the handles are to hot to hold for more than a couple of seconds, so I tend to leave it and then the drink is cold :evil:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Korakes » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:53 pm

I thought my sweats were the menopause but after being told to up my tramadol tablets to the limit the sweats came with a vengeance any time any where, what can you do!!!
Korakes
UKFM Newbie

Postby angeldust » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Oooh me too, my fella says im weird and have a broken temperature control. When we were on holiday in the maldives it was a boiling hot night and I was wearing a cardi. He couldn't stop laughing about it and tells people even now few years later. I have photos of him sweating cobs and I am in a cardi feeling just right lol. :oops:

I am always taking cardigans off or freezing cold in bed especially my feet :yikes: and love to pinch his body heat lol. Then in the middle of the night I am sweating so much my PJ's are wet and clammy - I don't get it but must be another weird fibro symptom - didn't get it before fibro :dunno:

Fibromyalgia - don't you just love it :lol:
angeldust
UKFM Newbie

Postby nutty1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:24 am

talking bout extremeties ,i cant lift anything out of freezers get sharp pain in hands fingers,that shoots up to my elbows ,makes me feel really sick :dunno:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby Gill76 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:58 pm

I sit right underneath the window at work. Other people get too warm, it gets opened so then I go cold. When they're cold and the window is shut is when I get too warm. There never seems to be any happy medium for me! :banghead:
Diagnosed HMS - 1996 ~ Diagnosed Fibro - April 2011
Gill76
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping