[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I just bought this book

I just bought this book

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I just bought this book

Postby somebody_else » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:26 am

"From Fatigue to Fantastic"

I'd heard of it before but was skeptical, as you are when you're in our position. Then I was at an M.E support group and someone brought their copy in because I'd mentioned about how I thought Fibro was all related to the hypothalamus in some way.... and my god, it's like this book was written for me!

I cant believe it was written in 2001. I've spent 2 years doing all the research to come to the same conclusions this guy writes about. He's a doctor, and all the profits from his work goes to charity because he has fibro too. He says about all the possible causes and how they all affect the body in different ways, how each thing can lead to other things and suggests loads of different things that may help.

He's not just trying to sell some miracle cure. It's the best book I've ever picked up on the subject, and I've read an awful lot. He does have a "program" and a website but I havent looked at that yet. For me, just understanding it better will be enough to start with. I'm working on the vitamin approach and will be incorporating his advice in my own way first. Then if that doesnt work I might buy his product to try if it's not too expensive (like I say, I havent looked at it yet) which he says in the book it isnt, and of course the fact that the profits all go to charity, which to me instantly says he's genuinely out to help not to make money off our backs.

SO yeah, that's my opinion at the moment. I'm only half way through really - it may change! But I dont think so. I think it's worth anyone reading just for the fact that it was only £2.99 off the new and used section in amazon, and it really validates you and helps you see all the different causes and WHY they cause problems and what you can look at with your doctor in regards to getting answers and treatments that can help... rather than just the traditional antidep and painkiller approach. It explains the role of vitamins more clearly than anything I've ever read before, in regards to fibro and CFS etc. I just think it's worth a read. You can always sell it again if you dont like it.

I'd be interested to hear what others who have the book think too? I'm obviously really enthusiastic - you might not be. Share?
Hashimotos, CFS, FMS, PTSD, Anxiety. Gosh, I have more letters than the doctors who diagnosed me!
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Postby Marie » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:24 am

Hello somebody_else,
I went onto amazon and there are two books called "from fatigued to fantastic".
One is "a manual for moving beyond chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia", and the other is " a proven programe to regain vibrant health".
They are both by the same author. Which one did you read?.
Thanks
Marie x :)
Marie x
Marie
UKFM Member

Postby somebody_else » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:05 pm

Hashimotos, CFS, FMS, PTSD, Anxiety. Gosh, I have more letters than the doctors who diagnosed me!
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Re: I just bought this book

Postby Mr.A » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:39 am

Ok it's been several years since, did any of it work?
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:48 am

If you click on a person's profile you can see when they last visited the forum, that way you can see what the chances are of them answering... somebody_else hasn't been on the site for over a year.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:40 pm

Cheers for the tip, I guess I'm gonna have to do more investigation.

Anyone else heard of the book?
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby Julie. » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi i have had this book now for a few years and it does make so much sense. I actually got it out the other day and read some of it again.
My friend who has had ME now for 38 years swears by this book and it was her that gave it me to me to borrow when i first became ill with FM. I now have ME as well.

A very good read.
Julie.
UKFM Member

Postby dollydaydream » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Sounds great. Can you give the ISBN number?

Will get someone to have a word at the bookshop in town. Doesn't sound too expensive.
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:35 pm

It is well known that in ME/Fibro the hypothalamus does not work well. Its part of the lower brain that changes the temperature in your body.
That is why we feel cold and hot and shivery.
This has been mentioned before and should be in the history - under hypothalamus!!!
If mods want to bump it for those who have not seen it.
fi
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:29 pm

The book is by Dr Jacob Teitelbaum. Dr T as he's nicknamed came over to the UK last summer and I got to meet him and interview him -see the interview here: http://www.fibroaction.org/Articles/Get ... lbaum.aspx
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping