Something I wanted to share!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Something I wanted to share!

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:02 pm

Had a very odd experience this morning. I think I must have slept funny which caused it but I had terrible pains in my lower right back which shot across my body when I tried to move my legs to walk. My Mum used a heated wheat bag to help soothe it and Dad gave me a massage with Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar from Lush (can't post a link, their site is down sadly).

If anyone hasn't tried it it's amazing (ok, I used to work for Lush so I am biased) - it heats up when rubbed on the skin and contains aduki (sp?) beans to help massage muscles. I bought it for my Dad as he has arthritis and it's not medicalised like deep heat etc so you can use as much as you like when you like and it doesn't clash with any meds. Thought I'd share.

http://www.lush.co.uk/products/skincare ... es_26.html

(it's back up now)

http://www.lush.co.uk/products/skincare ... _1574.html

The second is a new one I've not tried but I've heard it's good.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: Something I wanted to share!

Postby denys » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:28 am

Thanks for the linkys xx
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Mmmm, I love Lush! :D I use their paper 'newspapers' as drawer liners! Heaven! And that bar sounds great too - will have to look next time I'm in town! Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:20 am

"I use their paper 'newspapers' as drawer liners!"

Cherry - I salute you, that is genius!

I use their shower jellies as shaving gel - it's really good, stops nicks and cuts but not isn't thick enough to clog up your razor :)

The Lush Forums are great for tips on alternative uses of products, their dreamtime bath melt is a really soothing way to get to sleep. You literally fill the tub with hot water, drop in the melt and hey presto! Also, contrary to what most of the sales assistants will tell you - you do NOT need a whole bubble bar or melt bar per bath. The more you use the more bubbles/stronger colour you get naturally, but if you cut chunks off with a sharp kitchen knife you get loads more baths for your money, I quarter all my dreamtime bath melts and get 4 baths instead of one. It's also good to add to a lavender scented bath bomb like Twilight to add moisture and lavender induced goodness. French kiss bubble bar is excellent too. My fave combo is Ceridwen's Cauldron melt with a small chunk of dreamtime, makes the water a beautiful milky white colour (like Cleopatra's milk baths) and sends you straight to the land of Nod :) The only melt I don't re use is Ceridwen's Cauldron, you can re use it if you don't fully melt it but it looks minging once immersed in water and removed so I use the whole thing as a treat.

The website is down until 2011 but I'll link some of their better products in the NY :) I've tried most of their bath stuff (except some of the stuff which came in since I lost my 50% discount last Feb!) so for those of us who bath frequently with Fibro I can recommend a good list of ones to aid sleep and fun ones to cheer you up. I figure my quality of life has reduced slightly due to Fibro (I try to not think of Fibro as this big negative thing and accept I must live a slower paced life) so I may as well treat myself with lurid green/gold glittery/bright pink/lagoon blue and seaweed filled baths :D

Also, a great thing with Lush is that if you're nice they'll often give you free samples of their skin care etc to try. Generally they do this to people who buy some other stuff, when I worked there if someone bought a gift or some bath bombs etc and was interested in our cleansers/shampoos I'd give them a few days worth to try so it's always worth popping in and seeing what's in stock!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby KellyBelly » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm another Lush addict!! In fact I've not long got out of a Gingerbread House/Glogg/Cinders cocktail bath!

I swear by Bathos to help me sleep - gutted when they discontinued it.....got a stash to keep me going though. The dreamtime melt really is fab, as is the comforter for those :cry: days. I also get at least 3 baths out of a single bubble bar - and if you grate it into the running water you get a tremendous amount of bubbles!

I also second Wiccy for achey muscles. My other half is a triathlete (yeah....we're poles apart physically!!) and he loves it too.
KellyBelly
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:36 pm

I only have a shower :( as me and hubby couldn't cope with a bath so OT changed it to a large wet floor shower! It's great and so much easier but I do miss a bath! I do have a friend however who lets me use her bath (choice of 2!) when she's away! So that's about 4 times a year so I try to make the most of it :D Cherry :flowers:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping