[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - microwave booties

microwave booties

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

microwave booties

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:24 am

Hi
Got some booties & slippers for Xmas, they are great for keeping my toes/feet warm.
I have been getting lots of pins and needles in my feet and found these have helped. They contain a sachet which you put in the microwave and slot them in the slipper or booties.
If you just get cold feet then the slippers are great but if you get cold legs as well the booties are fab as they cover the ankles.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: microwave booties

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:42 pm

I have a pair from John Lewis and they're fab (when my bf hasn't nicked them for his Raynaud's). My old flat mate at Uni had Raynaud's and used them when at Uni (for some bizarre reason the two girls I lived with both came from houses with no central heating or microwaves, the one with Raynauds therefore could only use them at Uni) and I got the idea for them from her. My mother suffers from the cold so I bought her a pair, tried hers and bought myself a pair the following week!

Sainsburys do some for about £15 and you can get the aroma home ones on amaxon for a tenner :)
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Hi

i've got some too mine came from bodyshop with a lovely smell to them, they do warm the feet up though :D

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:20 am

got some too is it the cranberry smelling ones.

they are great to snuggle in.

so now i am covered in ehat packs from heead to toe.

got oh to warm them up other day when having a lay down don;t forget
hot water bottle.
heat pack wheaty ones.
snap ones for on the go 2 for hips, 1 for neck

could not believe how many i had but was so snuggly.

:grouphug:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Shani » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am

I want myself a pair of those booties and slippers aswell now! :D

I got lovely boots myself too, they are woolen inside and very warm.
Definitely don't get cold feet anymore when I wear them.
And of course cannot forget about woolen socks. :mrgreen:
A butterfly is not afraid to spread its wings!
Shani
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Wow! they sound really nice and cosy! My mum gave me a really nice 'snuggle' fleece blanket with a pocket to put your feet in and another one for the remote! It's really warm and there's loads of it! And she bought me some slipper 'bootees' too which are lovely and warm, I thought was really lovely of her as I was only dx this year and she has tried really hard to understand this fibro and help me. She lives 200 miles away from me and is very disabled herself bless her and drove all the way here for me! And the kids got me a dslite which I have wanted since they came out! It's not new new but it's top condition! :snowhappy: They're hoping the brain training they gave me with it will help my poor old brain! :shock: lol! Bless, it's so lovely of them all. Anyway loads :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you all and have a better happy-new-year-2011-1 Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping