[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Brain wave, please read

Brain wave, please read

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Brain wave, please read

Postby Lemonzest » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi

had a brain wave a few weeks ago, and been doing some research about it, had a word with BuffyBoo and she suggested i write up a little about it. and have been on a little regimine that seems to be working VERY well :D

Fibromyalgia mostly consists of small tares (called ) in the muscles and because of this makes recovery slow and painful for almost any amount of daily exertion, and i thought what other group of people suffer this kind of bodily abuse? yes that's right, body builders!!! and they have supplements for repairing the damage and recovery, so for the past week I've been taking.

3 Shakes a day consisting of

1 scoop of Soy Isolate Protein (28g/3tsp)
1 tsp of Creatine Monohydrate
2-3 tsp of milkshake mix because the above is a little bitter.

and 2 Chelated Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc Tablets from Holland and barret.

and I've been feeling great, can do more around the house, and the pain is getting less and less each day.
Lemonzest
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:00 pm

22 views and no comments?
Lemonzest
UKFM Member

Postby somebody_else » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:54 am

This cant be what causes ALL the symptoms. The reason the small tears dont heal is normally because we're not getting enough restorative sleep. The shakes might be helping a bit, but it's more likely that the magnesium suppliments are helping you feel a bit better. Magnesium is often knocked out by drugs and most people are deficient in it even before they have a condition like ours. Most treatments for fibromyalgia include magnesium. I'd bet it's this that's helping you feel better. Possibly the protein boost as well, since yes, there's an element of that being needed for repair.
Hashimotos, CFS, FMS, PTSD, Anxiety. Gosh, I have more letters than the doctors who diagnosed me!
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:11 pm

Soy products other than fermented ones are a health hazard.
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:58 pm

Lemonzest
UKFM Member

Postby somebody_else » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:32 am

*nods* But that's ONE patient. fibromyalgia can be caused by different things for different people, and thusly, what works for ONE patient, might work for several others, but isnt likely to work for everyone. Nothing is likely to work for everyone.

I'm not saying people shouldnt try it. I'm just saying that you shouldnt be disappointed if people dont. They may know, like I do, that their FMS isnt caused by that factor.
Hashimotos, CFS, FMS, PTSD, Anxiety. Gosh, I have more letters than the doctors who diagnosed me!
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:51 am

Well i'm at the point now where i'll try anything, had it since i was 18 and i'm 28 this year, sick of not being able to do "Normal" things due to be in pain all the time and constantly tired, or bed ridden or so confused and foggy due to lack of sleep :( and this for me is showing some good results :)
Lemonzest
UKFM Member

Postby somebody_else » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:44 am

That's fantastic. I'm sorry actually, re-reading my first reply, I sounded quite harsh and arrogant! I'm sorry about that, I didnt mean to, I'm lovely really, must have been having a bad day. :)
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm

Hey dont worry about it, we all have off days so i dont let it bother me as i can be just the same if not worse :P.
Lemonzest
UKFM Member

Bright idea

Postby nevway » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:45 pm

I posted this some time ago :

I've just read an article in Healthy magazine by Dr Nick Avery indicating that low levels of magnesium and high levels of calcium in bloodcells can be a factor in fibromyalgia.
Has anyone followed a high magnesium / low calcium diet and how successful was it?
{Rock} {Me} {Hard Place}
nevway
UKFM Member

Postby sewsewmad » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:01 pm

sewsewmad
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:14 pm

pauline
UKFM Member

Postby sewsewmad » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:25 am

Hi Pauline,

My rheumatologist told me the NHS do not pay for the blood test for magnesium. I think he said there are only a couple of labs in the UK that do the test. I did not have the test done because of the cost - but the injections of magnesium have made a big difference to me.
Still have to pace myself though or I pay the price. I will have a look in my paperwork and see if i can find some of the research on magnesium and FM.
Unfortunately I wont be able to do this for a few days.

Pauline H
sewsewmad
UKFM Member

Postby kristine2 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 am

If you don't fancy the injections for mag, or your doc doesn't do them, you can try transdermal mag, next best thing and no doc or prescription required. Has to be bought from a website though as I know of no shop where it can be bought, just google it.
kristine2
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping