[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Tips on focusing?

Tips on focusing?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tips on focusing?

Postby babrees » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:48 am

Hi

Does anybody have any tips on focusing?

In particular I find it difficult when people are talking a lot. After a short while I suddenly realise I am not listening to them!

I also need to try and concentrate and focus more on other things too.

TIA
Jill
babrees
UKFM Member

Re: Tips on focusing?

Postby denys » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 am

Hi Jill, I find I do this as well and if a room were more than one person is talking I really find it hard to concentrate on one conversation. I'm sorry I have no tips to give you as no matter how hard I try I cant help zoning out :hugs: :hugs: lets know if you find something that works :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:19 pm

hi jill

same here
don't even know why that is that way
anyone any idea?

:wave:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:33 pm

hi :wave:
i am finding i am doing this more and more :roll:
and if there are a group of people and all having a chat together
i stand no chance at all of following it :(
and the noise of the chatter drives me nuts :yikes: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby xyz1000 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi I have been doing this too. I hate it as feel like I cant be bothered
but it isnt that its really hard to keep up. I wonder if it is the side effects from
the pain killers making me not quite with it. Or just a knock off effect of
feeling tired and pain so much? Cant think of many other reasons. Getting
enough rest and relaxation helps abit (not much)!!
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:22 am

:wave: think its common amongst us all .sorry no advice .i sit and smile or grimace as oh calls it .have keep asking himwhat did they say .tv no different :crazy: and music if i sing along which kids and oh hate (say i sound like hilda ogden ) :shock: :oops: my version to there `s is really funny when pointed out to me :lol: :lol: :crazy: :tongueout:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby babrees » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 pm

well at least I know now that it's not just me being rude!!!

I am the same with tv too!

I admitted this to my hubby last night (never mentioned it to him before). I told him that if we are out with friends and they are talking to just keep prodding me.

We're off on holiday end of Feb and meeting up with some friends so I told him to keep me in focus when everybody is talking and give me clues if I'm asked something :) He said we could have a plate of peanuts on the table and he'll just keep throwing one at me :roll:
babrees
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:36 pm

I would be eating the peanuts. hehe :tongueout:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby babrees » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:39 pm

I'll be sitting there with my mouth open :mrgreen:
babrees
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi
Sorry no tips from me either i am another one who has problems concentrating, i am the same watching tv, i am watching it but not taking it in. lol. I cant stand a group talking all at once and hate loud noises its all to much for me to cope with...strange isn't it. :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Marie88 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 am

:wave: I do this too, I work in a department store 2 or 3 days a wk and if I have more than one customer asking me something I've lost it. I drive my supervisor mad as she'll ask me to do a job next time I'm in work and I completely forget. My hubby now writes things down on post-its if he wants something to be done, doh!!!

I always put it down to the tablets :dunno:

At least the dogs give me a nudge when it's feeding time :clap:

Ciao ciao Marie
Marie88
UKFM Newbie

Postby nutty1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:21 pm

:wave: i`m driving oh nuts ,keep saying turn tv down the noise is getting to me :facepalm: then i`m saying what did they say :? or i watch something then say what was it about :crazy:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby WennyP » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Yup - same here! The main worry for me at the moment is that in team meetings at work (with 8 -12 people attending and all talking at once trying to get their points across), the director who heads up the meeting always asks for volunteers to do the minutes - next month's meeting will be the one that he will realise I'm the only one who hasn't volunteered! Whilst he's a nice person outside of work, in work, he's not a very forgiving person (he's quite scary, actually!) and when I had to tell him I had FM he said he'd never heard of it and to e-mail him what it's about and got onto HR to get a workstation assessment done for me. So I'm really wondering what I can do, because as soon as one person speaks and another starts, I know full well I'll have forgotten what the first person said - then I have to work out whether what people say is important to go in the minutes - I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!!!!! There. Even though I don't know what's best to do ( :yikes: ), it's off my chest now :coffee1:
"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings"
WennyP
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Wendy
Have you thought about using a dictaphone in the meeting? that will be a lot easier for you. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby WennyP » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks, shazq - hadn't thought of that :facepalm: ! I have my own that I take around with me to prattle on about interesting things I see/things I want to do etc, so I could probably use that! The meetings usually last for about 2-3 hours :crazy: , so I'd need to take a supply of batteries with me! Excellent idea, though - I'll mention it to the director when he's in a receptive sort of mood :fingerscrossed: Thanks again :wave:
"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings"
WennyP
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping