Tips on focusing?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Tips on focusing?

Postby Sazzle » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:11 pm

I find if I am watching tv that if I have the subtitles on then it makes it easier for me to follow stuff. I think seeing and hearing the words gives me a double chance. I only do this on prerecorded stuff where the titles come up at the same time, on live programmes it just confuses me more as the subtitles come up well after the speech.

I have often had to do minutes at a meeting but I just get the main bits and type them up and give them to my manager to fill in the details. Have missed the last couple of meetings though due to being on my days off and being low spoons recovery days.

A week of sitting in a classroom doing training had me on my knees. Simply exhausting sitting trying to focus on someone doing death by powerpoint for several hours. Much better when there was some "audience participation" and some short group discussions. Got nominated as spokesperson so sat noting down what people said and could get them to take turns in speaking so I got stuff down ok.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Re: Tips on focusing?

Postby fredellarby » Tue May 08, 2012 1:43 am

Huh?

I have the attention span of a gnat. To follow somebody I have to face them and watch their mouth as they speak.
Nothing can keep my attention for long. My wife hates that I use my laptop, watch TV and talk to her at the same time.
fredellarby
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping