[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Help with sleep control

Help with sleep control

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help with sleep control

Postby georgina.hiam » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi

I have three year old and it wiorries me that I fall asleep and he is running about, today I woke to him cutting cheese with sharp knife scary. Is there anything that would help keep my body awake even when it doesn't want to be?

Thanks georgie xxx
georgina.hiam
UKFM Member

Re: Help with sleep control

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:13 pm

I really wouldn't know what to suggest with something like that Georgie :dunno: :dunno: Could the sleepiness be due to any of your meds :?: :?: Personally, if I was experiencing what you're describing, I'd go and see my gp about it, they may have a suggestion about what you could try/take :roll: :roll:

Sorry, not much help on that one :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Adele » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:30 am

maybe in the mean time make your house as safe as possible. perhaps a lock or bolt on the kitchen door and keep the front and back doors secured.

:hugs: adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Georgie, please go to your docs and see if its time for a meds review, as Adele has said make things as safe as possible, three year olds are into everything so I feel for you, is there a specific time you feel sleep overtaking you, only ask cos it can happen to me at any time but my kids are grown up so its not that big a deal for me.

I find changing position, if sitting stand move to a different chair drink lots of water etc can wake you up a little but it doesnt always work :facepalm: :facepalm: Hopefully someone else will have more suggestions for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby xyz1000 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Hello

Would say as the others make sure the knifes are well out the way in a locked cupboard as with
everything else that is a danger. Also make sure you keep your door locked so he can't going wondering.
Also speak to the doctor maybe your meds could be reduced or changed.

How well are you sleeping at night? Maybe if you could change your sleeping pattern so you get to sleep
when little one goes to bed and get extra sleep that way where possible. Do you have
any family/ friends local who may beable to help? You have their little ones when you feel up to
it and they could have your little one for an hour or so at after lunch so you could sleep? Or arrange
for family to come round ask differant people so as not to put people out too much. Could little one
not be coaxed to have alittle nap at the same time. What about play school?
B vitamins have helped me abit with my energy but to be honest only pacing really helps if anything!
xx
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Postby georgina.hiam » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Yvonne

Thanks, I don't sleep very well at night really I tend to wake every couple of hours.

I just had my meds changed so also having alot of problems with pain in my head neck and shoulders but they said would take month or so for them to start working ;0( .

I haven't really got any family around my mum has lupus and is really sick herself and my sisters don't live near me, I have my best mate who lives just down the road who takes him for hour sometimes but she has 3month old baby herself.

Think I will buy some locks this weekend just so he kept safe

Thanks everyone for your advice xxx
georgina.hiam
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi
As you have just had a change of meds it could be a side effects of them causing you to feel so sleepy. :dunno:

Do you have a play pen you or travel cot you could put your son in to keep him save while you have a short sleep? If not maybe take him into your bedroom with you and give him lots of toys to play with, block the door with something, he will be safer in there.

:goodluck1: i am so glad my kids are grown up now, it must be so hard having younger kids. :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:52 pm

hi georgina,

have you checked to see if there is a home-start scheme in your area? if you haven't, maybe have a look at their web-site and see if it would be of help.

:hugs: :flowers: :blowkiss: adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby georgina.hiam » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi

Thanks shaq yes adele I am in the process of being assessed for homestart just waiting for them to come back to me, think I will call them again tomorrow to chase them up xx :hugs: Georgina
georgina.hiam
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:02 am

:goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping