Daylight simulation?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Daylight simulation?

Postby nana » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:48 am

Hi folks
has anyone tried using a good quality daylight simulation light lamp for FM related symptoms? As I improve, or rather my ability to cope improves, with increased daylight hours I am wondering if using a lamp would help during the dark winter days.
There are lots on the market, the cheaper ones are not worth having because they do not omit enough of the right type of light. As money is tight I dont want to spend on an item like this without knowing it has a possibility of making me feel better.
Thank you
Nana
nana
UKFM Member

Re: Daylight simulation?

Postby Kaunalily » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Nana,

I used to use a daylight alarm clock from Lumie (I'm guessing I'm allowed to say where I got it from?) to wake me up in the morning and help me get to sleep at night. They're quite expensive (£60+) but it really did help with the waking up - didn't have as much of the groggy feeling. Obviously we're all different so it might not work for you like it did for me. Unfortunately I'm saving for a new one as mine managed to jump off the side, which didn't kill it. What killed it was it then shorting when I picked it up - practically cried :(.

I'd suggest getting one on a money back guarantee if you end up going for it. At least then if it doesn't work you can get the money back :).

Hope that helps :fingerscrossed: :hugs:
per aspera ad astra :).
Kaunalily
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:06 am

Hi Nana, do you mean something like the lights they use for SAD??? I think you can hire them in some areas, check with the doc as they might be able to give you a better idea of whether it would work :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nana » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 am

Hi
Thank for replies. Yes I mean the ones used for SAD, a friend had one years ago when they were great enormous box things and it totally changed her life.....but that was cos she had SAD.
I asked my GP, he shrugged his shoulder and said 'try it'.
Nana
nana
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:49 am

oh how helpful of him :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:52 am

hi :wave:
they have some ott lights on the create and craft channel
and they said that if you go on ott lights website they will
tell you that they are very good for (sad) :dunno: maybe
worth a look, as they are new and perhaps better
than the older one are :dunno:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:37 pm

I've got one from create and craft, didnt think of them for SAD but they would be similar as they are natural daylight tubes. Mine cost £35 if you join the create and craft club, it costs £20 but they then credit your account with £10 and you get the 10% discount :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping