[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Not being truthful about how u feel honestly

Not being truthful about how u feel honestly

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Not being truthful about how u feel honestly

Postby ouchisme » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Jojostar :hugs: i know exactly what u mean 2. BUT, I'm always gonna b a loud, :crazy: :x :wink: :shock: :oops: person. Fibro is never ever gonna take that away from me. Even if i'm 'misbhaving' and mucking about on my own. Talking silly stuff, :lol: at myself cos i've shuffled to a room but can't even remember y i'm there. Even when i'm sitting on the toilet, i don't know which body function gonna happen! When i go down the shops with my girls i'm v :oops: cos i have a 'play' with the ppl i know who work there. Does give me a lift, even if my kids are :oops: and going 'mmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm pppppppppplllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaase don't do that! Come on stop mucking about lets get u home'.
I've got to learn about alot of things recently and kinda make a life 4 myself from behind a keyboard (i'm housebound). I've just to learn a different way of living. Instead of just existing. Soz i'm waffling on ...... :grouphug:
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby bexfitz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:51 pm

My goodness we r all being honest aren't we? So in answer to the question does the site help? I believe the biggest YES in history is appropriate! One question tho, what does OH and PM mean? Think I'm having a foggy moment! 
bexfitz
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:59 am

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:21 am

Just a quickie - Ouchisme, you made me laugh when you said about popping to the loo :lol: - I know what you mean! I do the same as well as get in the shower then wonder what exactly I'm meant to be doing there and even wonder if I've washed my hair or not - let alone washed the rest of my body!! :roll: We have to laugh, with ourselves and at ourselves, else we'll all be sad! :crazy: Take care all. Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi cherryblossom

Glad i made u :lol: I'm constantly talking to myself as i shuffle about, so i dont forget y im heading in that direction :crazy: Followed by a good :swear1: if i've had 2 bk-track a couple of times cos i've forgotten anyway :dunno:
i'm trying 2 b far more honest with my family, just not that honest with myself, does that make sense to other ppl. Having brand ouches happening over the past couple of days thats flooring me. Driving me to total distraction and :crazy:
how about some new members asking themselves the same q? U don't have to do it openly on the forum, just to urself 4 now. U might find it liberating at the v least. Can't type for long atm. Hope ppl's pain levels are managable 2day and every1 is enjoying (hopefully) good weather where u are loads and loads of soft :grouphug: For all of those who r :sick: plz take good care of urselves hope to speak to u soon :flowers:
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby CampbellMary » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Mary here.

I have found that people ask how u'r feeling but they don't really want 2 hear. A nurse that comes in 2 see to my husband heard me coming down stairs she said to my husband u'r wife dosen't sound 2 good cause i had a real bad knee that day i must have been groaning my husband told her i had fibro and she just totally blanked me. so from now on when people ask how i am i just say i'm fine unless it is family.

Hope 2 here from u all soon :grouphug:
CampbellMary
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi Mary,

I have also found that a lot of people don't want to know when they ask how you are. However I have found that there are some who do want to know when they ask.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:20 am

hi mary :wave:

how rude of that nurse, and makes it even worse her being a nurse :evil:
hope you are doing ok(ish) and hubby is doing ok to :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchisme » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Morn all

I know ppl who ask u how u r but u know its just being polite. So y bother asking then :dunno: I have promised myself that i'll try and b as honest as i can. 1stly (baby steps) on this wonderful forum and then get the courage to say so 2 others. The 1 person i'm terrible for not saying honestly about the pain and how low i feel, is my GP. I know that sounds really silly and in a way it is. But i've been hurting for so long now (12yrs, chronic 6yrs) that i don't see the point of moaning on about it :facepalm: :fingerscrossed: I'll get better with the ppl who i see for all the mystical ouches that i have. If i'm waffling, i'm sorry, full of fibro fog and plenty of ouches and its very warying. If any1 would like to PM for lots of other 'silliness' ur more than welcome. I'll get back to u as soon as i can
Loads and loads of soft :grouphug: If ur having a bad time of it at the mo :flowers: and chin up :blowkiss:
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby bexfitz » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks shazq, seems obvious now. Doh!!!
bexfitz
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:11 pm

:wave: 2 all

At the moment i'm not being honest with myself. Which in a way is alot worse than not being truthful to others. Having a real rough couple of days (since Wed) even tho i've not been over doing it. Think it comes under the title of self denial. I think i've worked out a pain trigger, but its something that keeps me moving (mayb too much) and i feel like i've accomplished something. Are many members new and old good at the old self denial? I suppose its all part of coming to terms with everything. I'd only just got my head around something else, so finding it quite hard at the mo. Soft :grouphug: all round
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:22 am

Hi to all :needhug:

I'm not coping to well mentally at the moment. Have tried my positive self talk, but nothing doing. V drained and can't see the point of even trying to get a better quality of life. I'm feeling for soz for myself. Any tips apart from talking to my GP?
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Ouchisme, I've been wondering why you're not coping very well mentally at the moment??? Is it due to the chronic pain?? Maybe focusing on how to cope with the pain and improve your life rather than trying to eliminate it could be somewhere to start. To possibly do this, you need to accept that the pain with FM is a part of life and that being completely free from it may be unlikely. This is what I eventually did, and from that point, things started to become a little easier to deal with.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ouchisme » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Fluppypuffy

Thankyou for replying to me. The reason i'm feeling quite low was a did a v v stupid thing the other day. Nothing physical to bring on a flare, just thought how much my mobility has changed in just a yr. I've got chronic mechanical back 2, so its always been as an issue of prob with mobility, worse so in the past 6yrs or so.So the fact that FMS been dx 2, doesn't put me into a complete spin as i've been living with chronic pain for some time anyway. I've always thought that as long as i've got my mind, it doesn't matter bout my body letting me down. Enter fibro fog :roll: Now can't use my hands properly it kinda limits what i can do sat down. No writing, knitting, typing hurts, u name something u use your hands for, it hurts. Also have i do a lovely line in falling over and have to get picked up off the floor. Norm i can ni on manage mysel,f so not been left alone much for some while. I know its self-pity but at the mo i can't help it. Had a Drs appt yest, but couldn't mention anything as i had my 15yr old daughter with me.
Sorry for rambling on, pain levels are high and i'm shattered. Hope you are having a fairly good day and if not look after yourself properly :blowkiss:
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:55 pm

I can understand how having back pain can affect how you move. I was involved in a car crash several years ago that left me with a broken neck. The knock on effect from that has been problems with my back, as well as problems with loss of sensation in my arms etc.

When the negative thoughts relating to this flood my mind, I find an exercise I went thru with a psychologist can be helpful in trying to manage them. Attentional control is based on meditation practices from Eastern spiritual traditions. You've already found that your state of mind, the way you think has a bearing on how you feel. In the situation you find yourself in at the moment, rather than looking at it in a reasonable, logical way, emotional thinking takes over, distorting things to fit how you're feeling. With Attentional control, the aim is to balance the reasonable and emotional thoughts by using a wise mind. To try and find the balance, I was told to look at things in 4 different ways: observe what is going off around me; be non-judgemental; focus on 1 thing that is now and in the present; do what works for me.

It took a while to get into the habit, but once I did, it helped me to get used to what has happened. I was able to grieve for what i had lost, and start learning to cop with what happens in the "here and now".

Things are still far from perfect, and the heavy black clouds do sometimes come thundering back in. The difference now is that I am able to pick up the warning signs a bit easier and do more to try and manage them.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to Help / Tips on Coping