[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Imak arthritic gloves and more

Imak arthritic gloves and more

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Imak arthritic gloves and more

Postby shrimp » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:33 am

Hi all

Been searching internet for things to help me.....recently got a harley batwing pillow - very strange shape and cost £23 but its lovely and comfy, supports my back, neck, and arms all in one so can actually sit comfy for about 20 mins now !!!!....

tonight been looking at IMAK arthritic gloves - not sure if they would help fibro pain or not? anyone got these? or anything similiar - my hands always been main problem and getting worse......but at £25 a pair want some fibro reviews !!!...also seen spandex looking ones but not sure....

also getting loads pain now on lower thighs just above knees - feels like done loads of sqauts - hahahahahha couldnt do one let alone loads.....new pain me thinks

also, anyone get ringing in ears? first had ringing couple weeks ago and thought on tv, but kept happening once every minute or so very muted...but had several times since.....anyone else?

sorry all on one page but my computer is sooooooooooooo slow (even slower than me and that takes some beating).......so cant be waiting minutes to go from one topic to antoher....

thanks all and night xxx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: Imak arthritic gloves and more

Postby nutty1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:54 pm

:wave: i have wrist supports through dr and local hospital which i find big help .regarding ears sounds like tinnuitis ,but get your dr to check .its common with fm .and yes legs hurt too .hope you and your comp lol improve soon
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:01 am

The ringing in ears could be tinnitus, like nutty has said, another thing to be checked by gp I'm afraid :dunno: :facepalm:

Those gloves are a form of compression wear. I've not had any experience of them I'm afraid, personally I can't stand anything too tight on any part of me, esp gloves. Any pressure from tight gloves sends pains shooting all the way up my arm and into my shoulder :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi. :D Myself and my son both use gloves like you're describing. I got them from an arthritis site (can't remember which one!) I think they have some sort of neoprene material. My son had crush injuries from a tree felling accident :yikes: and he's also broken his hands more than I've had hot dinners so they hurt him alot. Mine hurt generally with fibro and other bits and pieces. We find they give a gentle support when you are feeling especially weak and they keep hands very warm when they feel cold. We have the fingerless ones but they cover alot of your fingers. You can wear normal gloves on top if you like and you can do pretty much anything in them, indoors or out. They don't seem to come in glamourous colours (black outside, red inside) but I feel they have been worth it and you can wash them. They cost us about £20 each pair. Hope this sort of helps :dunno: I also have ringing in ears - tinnitus - have had it most of my life. Anyway, take care all. Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping