[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Does fibromyalgia go away ????

Does fibromyalgia go away ????

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does fibromyalgia go away ????

Postby Legend35 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi all Is there any people out there that has had fibro ,and it has gone ?? There must be a cure ???
Legend35
UKFM Newbie

Re: Does fibromyalgia go away ????

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Sorry Legend, there isn't a cure :facepalm: :facepalm: Some are able to get a good control over their FM and lead a fairly normal life, for others it can go into remission (for want of a better phrase) and they can be virtually symptomless for periods of time, but so far there hasn't been that magic panacea we all desperately want to make it vanish :shock: :? :(

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Agree with Flup, some people claim to have been cured but then in some it reappears and as for the others, I'm sorry I think they were misdiagnsed in the first place :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:15 am

we live in hope :fingerscrossed:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 am

Hi Legend
Sorry like the others have said there is no cure for fibro, if you hear of people who say they have been cured then they more than likely did not have fibro in the first place.
You will always get sites comes up saying try this and that and make promises to cure fibro but none of them work either, if there were curses then none of us would be here now, we would be at work at living a normal life. :lol:

:fingerscrossed: the docs do come up with a cure. :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:17 pm

no cure :cry:
but :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: they find one soon :roll:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby tazzajay 1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:51 pm

~Well I had my ATOS medical at home yesterday,and when I asked him if he knew about Fibro and associated illnessess,he said '' Oh yes,they burn themselves out eventually'' :shock:
I asked him how long does it take then,because I have got worse in the last 10 mths,and he said no-one can say,but it does eventually go!!
So live in hope folks. :)
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:34 pm

how do they know that it burns itself out?
what proof of it do they have?
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby kazy1969 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:30 am

my rhymatologist told me theres no cure just hope that you find some kind of plateau !!! i wish !!!!! :x :x :x
kazy1969
UKFM Newbie

Postby lynn1 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:19 am

we can live in hope a cure will be found.my doc also said one day it will go your walk up and its gone,i cant say when it will go but it will.
well the last year i have got worse and i have flare up every dame day as soon as i try to do somethink in the home,bang i go down hill.
lynn1
UKFM Member

Postby riverlaken » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Yeah, I sure know that I have, gotten worse over time. You are all so RIGHT, in hoping for :fingerscrossed: CURE!
riverlaken
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Sorry, once again, at the moment there is no cure and it does not just go away :( :( :(
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby paul-gd » Fri May 06, 2011 3:02 pm

My Mum was in the hairdressers the other day, and she told the lady cutting her hair that I had suspected Fibromyalgia. The woman said 'Oh, that can dissapear as quickly as it comes," I just said 'That's interesting' to my Mum as I didn't want to disappoint her. Weird how I'm protecting her from the truth!
paul-gd
UKFM Newbie

Postby karen42 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:46 pm

My gp said that they will be a cure one day.But he said i will be about 93 when they do :( Thats no good we need one now
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 am

i was told by my gp that if nefopam doesnt work there is nothing else to try, however there is a girl i used to work with who has fibro and she has morphine patches every day, i feel that they are totally fobbing me off and i have seen various posts on here about others taking tablets iv never even heard of, so i think he is talking rubbish and doesnt want to give me anything that might actually work.
his advice to me was "go swimming, but if it hurts when you move then dont go swimming" somehow i think that advice cancelled itself out and he said it just for the sake of saying it.
he has also said that one day you may wake up and it has disappeared, still waiting for that day and not seen a case of anyone who that has happened to, im not going to hold my breath for that!
xxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping