[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Ideas for coping at work

Ideas for coping at work

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ideas for coping at work

Postby pogster » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Hello all

I am asking for any tips/advice about coping and pacing whilst at work as I am not sure how I can minimise flare ups (if that's even possible). Any fellow hospital ward workers ideas are particularly welcome.
Diagnosed with FM 22/3/11[/img]
pogster
UKFM Member

Re: Ideas for coping at work

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:40 pm

I've not worked for 11 years, so no actual practical advice I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: Have you a person responsible for staff health and things you could speak to about how FM is affecting you workwise and see what suggestion/comments come up :dunno: :dunno: Also, does your immediate supervisor/manager know of your illness, as they may have some ideas as well :dunno: :dunno:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Claire Spong » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:20 pm

I have spoken to our local disability employment advisor and she is going to send someone in to see me and my employers to let them know what they and I need to do so maybe yours could help you?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Postby xyz1000 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Hello

I do residental work in care. My doctor has given me a sick note with lighter duties
advised on it that has helped as am not hoisting ect at present. He aslo recommended
that I have gaps betweeen shifts I don't know if that is an option for you. This helps as
I can rest inbetween as the shifts are 10 hours so quite difficult to cope with.
I start to feel out of breath when I start to do something that is to demanding. I sit down and get a drink of water
to get my breath back. Then feel better soon after. I try not to do to much between shifts easier said than
done! And keep pain relief topped up and with me.
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping