[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Massage anyone?

Massage anyone?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

8%
31%
23%
19%
19%

Total votes : 26

Massage anyone?

Postby ~Ro~ » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:31 pm

~Ro~
~Ro~
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:18 pm

HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby steepdene » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:22 pm

steepdene
UKFM Member

Postby ~Ro~ » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:33 pm

~Ro~
~Ro~
UKFM Member

Postby sandy1967 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:11 am

I have a sports massage regularly, tho i must admit at first i was in agony for days and i was bed bound for a few days after, however i persevered and now have one regularly, im not sure if theres a great benefit, but it helps me relax. the only problem i find is that i am reaally tired for a few days afterwards.
everyone reacts differently, but its certainly worth trying if you can afford one. i go once every 6 weeks, it would be nice to have one every month if i could afford it !
sandy1967
UKFM Newbie

Postby pauline » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:54 pm

:( I have tried a massage but as others have said before even the gentlest of massages I find painful. I find soaking in a warm bath or using my wheat bags more relaxing and beneficial. Others who have posted on this site however have found a massage beneficial and I am all for any treatment that helps to relieve someone's pain.....pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby JADE » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:42 pm

:?: 8) :)

:) :D

:)
JADE
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:07 am

:D Hi Jade what on earth is a sacral cranial therapist??? anything like indian head massage???..........................pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:38 pm

I tried massage once years ago for my stiff neck and back, what a mistake that was, I was so ill after that..... I have been on the guaifenesin protocol for a good few years now and there is a process called mapping that records all the lumps and bumps on a blank body map, it's a tool to see how we are doing on the protocol, our lumps and bumps slowly disappear over time. Now this is a very gentle procedure and all the mapper does in run her hands very gently over our muscles, which we all know are hard, well this had me in bed for days after my first one, the pain was awful, so I know that what ever anyone tells me about massage is rubbish, because it just makes things worse.
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby luuluu » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:16 pm

I was told to try having a massage by my doctor but found it uncomfortable and sometimes painful, I find that some days even my skin feels sore to touch :cry: and even a gentle massage was agony. Also, I found massage caused me to have severe migraines the day after :cry: so gave up having them.
I have found that laying in a warm bath helps :D as well as using my hot water bottle on my back and neck when I am particulaly sore and stiff. I have also found that sitting up straight in my computer chair is better for me than sitting on the sofa and quite often wheel it round to watch TV. :D
luuluu
UKFM Member

massage anyone

Postby cat123 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:24 pm

yes my computer chair seems the most comfy chair in the house.i only brought it this week.while on the subject of computers ive only just got that as well.so please excuse mistakes!im brand new to computers.this is my 4 th post and at least one post is in space.......lost!its a bit tricky finding my way round these forums.massage works for me as long as its very gentle.if i was rich i would have one twice a day followed by a hot wirlpool bath.the only time im totaly pain free is when im in a hot bathful of water.tried indian head massage diddent work at all for me.
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:52 am

:( I heard someone talking about indian head massage the other day and it sounded as though it could be quite painful. Is it a vigorous massage or a gentle one? Have thought of trying it myself........pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

massage

Postby cat123 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:37 pm

indian head massage is like a butterfly touch so soothing.what hurts is lieing on the massage saddle contraption!most undignyfied!!!what with yer boobies hanging over the sides , i diddent know where to put my self!your neck is surrported,so at first you are lulled into thinkin that its going to be comfortable.but as we fibos know ,we cant sit still for long.but no matter how you try to get comfy on these massage thing beds they realy hurt. but the massage is that good you wont want it to stop.my good friend brought me the massage for my birthday.........she meant well!wait till you hear about my spray tan.it gets better
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:34 pm

:lol: You can't leave your posting there !!!!! I've got visions of you being carrot coloured and streaky all over, so am I right ????.....pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:29 pm

hi pauline.at least 3 girls i know who are at collage doing hair an beauty.and guess who is their gini pig?you got it ....its maaaaa spray tan looked nice.what she diddent tell me was when its done you have to stand up stiaght four 20 mins start naked.how long can a fibie stand unaided !she had to dry me with a hairdryer.another tan which was a appied by hand at another session ok.they diddent tel me you cant have a wash till morning and i was going out that night.i looked like i had been mud wrestling.my husband nearly wet himself laughing when he saw me.when i had my nails done reasantly when i went to the toilet i couldent even get my pants down the nails were that long.i stood there desperate........haha
cat123
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping