[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Massage anyone?

Massage anyone?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

8%
31%
23%
19%
19%

Total votes : 26

BRILLIANT!!!

Postby Caren » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:00 pm

HAHAHAHA

CAT i had a wonderful chuckle at your post.

I have had an reiki head,neck and shoulder massage. I explained to her that it is agony to have any pressure applied and she told me that she would not do that bit. It was lovely. Plus she agreed that I could sit in a normal chair so I didn't have to lean my boobs over any contraptions either heehee.

I think the main thing is to find someone who is willing to listen to what you are telling them and then apply it. My partner is great where he volunteered to go first and check out the pressure she would use with me before he let me go through with it
Caren
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:39 am

hi caren nice to have you back.Years ago when i first had fibro something else happened to me,this is well before it was remotely heard of.i went to see sir robert as he is called round here,been knighted.he is better known as the witch dr!he used to be a proper nomad.He had this errrrr vibrating chair.it shook yer gently .then he hypmotised you......honest im not kidding,hey i was under,proper,after that he put me on his wait for it .what i can only describe as a medevil metal door,with ankle and wrists straps,and a belt round your waist.He straps me to it ,turned it over so i was upside down ,only for a minute,then turns you back again then repeats it.next,acupuncher,followed by the best massage ive ever had.it cost about 40 quid at the time.i felt great after and went back at least 6 times,at the time my family thought i had lost it.He relieved my pain so who cares.that 40 quid were well spent.he now has a posh new clinic.
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Caren » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:12 pm

GOSH!!!!!!! :shock:
You are so brave!!!!!!

Have you been to his posh new clinic?? heehee I hope he has a posh new err...metal door?

I once had a massage where the girl came at me with can only be described as a hand held jack hammer!!!!
hmmmmmmmm needless to say it did not dare I say hit the spot??
And no I haven't been back.

But am always willing to get some relief from the massages.
I was trained to do neck, back and shoulder massages for my mother by a physiothapist friend of my mothers as it got really expensive after a while. Bit frustrating knowing that I can do it on others but I can't do it on me. :roll:
Caren
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:58 am

hi caren no ive not been to clinic but ,but will go sometime.you are right about massage.If we fibros got a daily desant massage ,our fibro would be easyier to live with.because it keeps the muscles warm and moving.
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:04 pm

pauline
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping