[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Bad day

Bad day

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bad day

Postby sue mac » Sat May 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi All
Having a really bad time with stiff neck (can not move), shoulder and right arm,today I woke up and could not lift my head off the pillow,this happened last weekend for 3 days before that it was my lower back,I have been off and snappy with everyone and I feel sooooo emotional .I also have lupus,aps,ra...the list goes on.I am sick of feeling like crap. I am sick of taking tablets that are not helping.I am sick of feeling and walking like a 81 year old woman I am only 41.I am sick of telling my 2 year old "mummy cant today she's hurting"I am sick of it all.
Sorry everyone feeling very sad and sorry for myself but I cant talk to anyone in this house they just don't understand

Rant over
Sue
sue mac
UKFM Newbie

Re: Bad day

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment Sue, those sorts of days are really draining and can bring you down even further :facepalm: :facepalm: I'm the same age as you and my son has grown up only really knowing me with FM. I hated not being able to do the typical mum and son things, and it did really affect me at times. We did find a way thru it, doing other things that didn't exhaust me too much. We'd read or watch things together, manage to play with his favourite toys even if it was just for a few minutes at a time and still had good times together.

Your little lad will learn that there are some things that mummy can't do at all with him which may make him a little sad at first. He'll also find out that he can still have some special times with mummy doing magical things that you'll both enjoy and love. Just because you're not running around, playing ball or whatever other things excitable 2 year olds like to do, that doesn't mean he can't have a happy and fulfilled childhood.

As for your pain and stiffness, could it be that your meds aren't helping you as much as they used to?? Or if they're new ones you've recently started, could it be that they haven't had enough time to get into your system for you to feel their effects/benefits yet??

Just to give you a little glimmer for the future, I've been like I am for 11 years, my son is almost 15 and he's very definitely grown into an intelligent and typically backchatting teenager who things he knows everything :facepalm: :facepalm: that I love dearly, but at the same time would swap him for the most dysfunctional springer spaniel that could be found :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat May 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Sorry to hear you arent so good Sue :fingerscrossed: things improve soon for you sending you gentle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: and maybe a trip to your GP might be in order and we are always here to listen and support :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun May 22, 2011 1:10 am

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, you can rant all you want, thats what we are here for to help support one an other, hope you are feeling better soon, sending soft :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby scottiedog » Sun May 22, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm so sorry you're feeling awful. My son is autistic so doesn't always get when i cant do something. All we can do is try to remember that we didn't ask for fibro etc and it's not our fault. Hug him loads and thats what he'll remember.
Have you tried heat bags or arnica for your neck? They don't "cure" but might make things a bit more bearable.
Loads of very gentle hugs
Mue
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sun May 22, 2011 10:17 pm

hi sue :wave:
hope you are feeling better today :hugs:
your not on your own, i have had bad weekend too :(

:fingerscrossed: we all feel better and have a good week :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby murdayl » Mon May 23, 2011 10:59 am

hi sue, sorry your feeling so rubbish. I know, we all know :hugs: ive just had a three day flare up, waking up and cannot move. I try and try to figure out what has caused it, theres no set pattern at all. I can walk for miles on flat ground and think 'im going suffer for this' and i dont. But yet if i go shopping, up and down kerbs etc within half an hour my hips and feet burn, i cant move my neck and i just have to go home.

The best advice i can give you is fight it, get up and get moving. What i tend to do is gently stretch all the parts of my body. The only part i was struggling with was the deep pain in my hips, but found if i stood and pushed them forward a couple of times, it gets them moving :goodluck2: linda x
murdayl
UKFM Member

Postby sue mac » Mon May 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Thank you all for your reply's I have just got back from my gp and she gave me a short course of diazepam so :fingerscrossed: tomorrow I may start to feel a bit better.

Sue.
sue mac
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed May 25, 2011 3:34 pm

:fingerscrossed: you are feeling better today. :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Thu May 26, 2011 12:53 am

Hope you are feeling better Sue :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby sue mac » Fri May 27, 2011 11:06 am

Woke up this morning and can MOVE :clap: :clap: but lupus pains still hanging around and the weather don't help.Must admit hubby very understanding for once(only after I broke down in floods of tears )not been that bad in a very long time although I have been waiting for it after the past 2 years of hell,(loss of 4 close family members).

Thank you all again for your care and support its nice to know there are people out there that understand
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sue
sue mac
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Fri May 27, 2011 1:42 pm

aw sue :hugs:
so glad you can move bitty better :clap: :clap:
lets hope it keeps getting better :fingerscrossed:

your right about the weather though, it kills me :(

always someone on here to chat to :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby clarkey » Sat May 28, 2011 7:24 pm

hi , I am in the same situation her , my family & some friends dont understand & I am expected to just carry on , x
clarkey
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping