hysterectomy

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hysterectomy

Postby kimmi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi can i ask if any of you have had a hysterectamy as i have been advised that this is the next step for me but the consultant mentioned having concerns about the pain as i have Fibro and i wondered if any you had experienced this? thanks :wave:
kimmi
UKFM Member

Re: hysterectomy

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:27 pm

I've moved your post into the associated and other health problems bit of the forum kimmi, as you should get more responses here.

I've not had a hysterectomy, so I'm afraid I don't know how it could go with regards to FM :dunno: :dunno: Hopefully there'll be someone along soon who can give you some advice :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi. I had a hysterectomy but it was nearly 20 yrs ago. As I was very young (21) I think I was much more able to deal with the pain and recover quickly even tho I had the operation via my tum along an old ceasarian scar. A friend of mine had one done via going in 'internally' and said there wasn't too much pain altho she doesn't have FM. She said the only thing she had to remember was that altho she'd just had a major operation - because she had no incision she had to keep reminding herself that she must take care recovering and not dismiss it as minor. Sadly I have no 'update' info for you, but I do have a small bit of advice - DON'T go round using the kettle, a teacup (you may laugh!) or the hoover or drive before you're meant to as it really will be sore then! Just rest and enjoy the rest if you can. :fingerscrossed: for you and thinking of you and loadsa gentle :hugs: to you. All the best Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:03 pm

hi :wave:
i had mine done about 20 years ago before FM but it was the best thing for me
no more monthly misery or in my case 3 weekly misery and one week off :roll: :roll:

i can recall one of our Lady's having it done with having FM and she went through
it all ok
it is on here somewhere :yikes:

the way i see it is, your in pain anyway so it will sort one trouble out
and you will fight back to being better ( ish ) if you no what i mean :facepalm:

but its your decision :fingerscrossed: for you :wave: :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:55 am

Hi
My op was also done pre fibro but when i was last in hospital 2 ladies had just had a hysterectomy and they were up walking the next day and went home on day 3 its so different form when i had mine done in 97, i had drainage tubes and was in for a week they had none of that, its all done differently now.

I had a bowel & bladder prolapse op while having fibro and was told that it will prob take me longer to recover because of the fibro but i recoverd really well so :fingerscrossed: you will be fine. :hugs: :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Hjp75 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:11 pm

I possible having a hysterectomy soon hopefully, no been dx with fibro as doctor wants to wait till other problems are sorted first.

I recently found out I have a fibroid that fills my womb so in loads of pain :( went in for a micro ablasion but it could not be done due to fibroid gutted :'(

Good luck with yours let us know how you get on xxx

♥εїз H εїз♥
Hjp75
UKFM Member

hysterectomy

Postby Niki d » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi
I have had a hysterectomy, I already had fibro for 3 years but I was spending 3 out of every 4 weeks in bed, I would just start to feel better then it would start all over again.

When I had mine done I was cut all the way across and they took my overies as well as they thought they might cause problems later.

My Dr was really good and when I woke up I had pillows propped over ware to try to ease my pain with my back hips and knees. I also had a drain and was in I think for 5 days.

It made such a difference to my life, although my fibro and PA are much worse now I dread to think how I would have coped if I hadn't had the op. My mum had hers done the other way she wasn't cut and she was out a day and a half later.

Hope that helps you. Gentle hugs niki 
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

i had mine done the other way
internal no cut, was in for 5 days but that was a long time ago.
they left my ovaries in and i had ovarian cysts on them, the one was so large
it weighed a stone that was 5 years ago :yikes:

so it is better if they take the ovaries as well, IMO :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:44 pm

:wave: i had one approx 8 years ago as i suffered 3 weeks out of 4 it was an emergency as anemic ,inspite of fibro and dystonia best thing i ever did :D they kept me on morphine 24 hrs by drip ,then gave me extra painkillers by mouth
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby kimmi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:21 pm

thank you so much for your replies i hada hydroablation in april but it only worked for 35 days.
i know im due to have a bikini line cut and my overies will be removed also but to be honest i will be happy when its done x
take care all of you
love k x :flowers:
kimmi
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
hope all goes well and you will feel much better after its all over :hugs:
loubie xx

UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby cherryblossom » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm sur eyou will feel much better when it's all done with. :D :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby CampbellMary » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi mary here. I had mine done in 99 had ovaries and all removed. was best thing i ever did not that i had any option.Was in for about a week had bikini line scar. was surprised the quick i recovered if you just take it easy and not push yourself before u are ready u will b fine. :goodluck1: :hugs:
CampbellMary
UKFM Member

Postby xjx » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:57 pm

CampbellMary wrote:Hi mary here. I had mine done in 99 had ovaries and all removed. was best thing i ever did not that i had any option.Was in for about a week had bikini line scar. was surprised the quick i recovered if you just take it easy and not push yourself before u are ready u will b fine. :goodluck1: :hugs:

I had mine in 2003 I was 37 pre Fibro or pre diagnosed fibro mine was the same as Mary's and I've never looked back, I'm on HRT for the hot flushes as they did get a bit unbearable but other than that no problems at all and unless you look closely you cant see the scar after years of endometriosis etc it was such a relief xx
xjx
UKFM Newbie

Postby Hjp75 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Been to see my consultant today she has started me on injections to stop my periods and pain.
If they work that means I will have to have a radical hysterectomy ie everything.
So I'm hoping they'll work I have to have one every month for 3 month then go back on the 12 October so its more waiting to see what happens :(

♥εїз H εїз♥
Hjp75
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems