Costochrondritis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Costochrondritis

Postby phoenix nights » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:10 am

Hi everyone I'm new here and came after reading about a link between Fibromyalgia and Costochrondritis. I was recently diagnosed with Costo, at first they thought I had angina or some other form of heart disease, after suffering severe pain in my chest, arms and neck and after numerous visits to casualty and gp surgery I was finally admitted to hospital for tests. After ECG's, blood tests, sonar of heart and finally angiogram it was established that my heart was fit and healthy and costo was the cause of my discomfort and pain, this fits in with recent events as I had a fall 3 months ago and landed on my front resulting in a cracked rib.

At the moment on painkillers and anti-inflammatory's, I have good days and bad days, Saturday felt awful but yesterday felt fine but today have woken at 3am feeling like my chest is burning hot and something is stuck in my throat, seriously getting me down and would appreciate if anyone could offer some advice here on how to relief symptoms or any alternatives remedies or treatments, thanks for taking the time to read!
phoenix nights
UKFM Newbie

Re: Costochrondritis

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:18 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:

When you say your "chest is burning hot and feels like something is stuck in my throat," sounds a bit like acid reflux there are lots of us that suffer with this.
You should go and see your gp about it as they can give you meds to help.

Here is a link on it so have a read to see if it fits your symptoms. :goodluck1:

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Acid-Re ... agitis.htm

With Costochrondritis have you tried a wheat bag or hot water bottle, that might help. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby carolnotts » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 am

Hiya welcome to the forum, i was also diagnosed with Costo before i was diagnosed with Fibro. I have also recently been diagnosed with Gerd which is acid reflux and what you are describing definitely sounds like the symptoms i was having before i got meds for it xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 am

Really cant add anything to Shaz's advice sorry, heat is the thing I use and :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby phoenix nights » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:27 am

Thank you Shaz, Carol and denys for the warm welcome! :D

I already have a hiatus hernia and take a 30g lansoprazole each morning for this condition, the symptoms are not just a burning sensation but also comes with a pain, this pain can be to the left and right of the chest, in my arms or in my shoulders, sometimes it's in all of them but both gp and cardiologist insist it's costochondritis. When I was diagnosed with the hiatus hernia I would not only get a burning feeling up my throat but would also have terrible acid pain together with a upset stomach.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated from you or from other members.
phoenix nights
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems