Mood swings

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Mood swings

Postby K8t85 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:26 pm

one minute im :D the next im :? then im :evil: then :cry: my poor husband, i dont know if its part of fibro or being a woman or just me. It changes so quick, i hate feeling like this but dont know how to change it, with our sounding like a hypercondriact i feel like i got bipolar sometimes. Just wondering if anyone else is like this so i dont feel so alone. :fingerscrossed:
K8t85
UKFM Member

Re: Mood swings

Postby denys » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Go and visit your doc, coping with chronic pain or any other long term condition can lead to mood swings which can then lead to depression, so if I were you Id go and nip it in the bud in the hope you catch it early and get control over it quickly :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:59 pm

I have bouts of what you're experiencing, and as Denys has said, the best thing to do is go and see your GP as soon as you can. I left mine far too long at one point and ended up in a real state.

There is help available for how you're feeling, and the quicker you can get things back to being more balanced, hopefully the better you will be :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 am

Hi
I go through the same as well. :facepalm: Fibro is life changing and affects us in so many ways, pain, fatigue, sleep, headaches its no wonder our bodies cause us to go through so many different emotions. :hugs:

You are not alone. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm

def not alone ,tell your dr
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Been there to, yes get help from GP.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Nic-nac » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:36 pm

Yeap I too suffer from this although to be fair I suppose its really my hubbie that suffers it :lol:
When Im turning alot my hubbie usually tells me it time to go back to dr, he loves taking his life in his hands like that :lol: :roll:

Im always worse when exceptionally tired/sore and god help you if its a combination of the two, I now explain to my kids that mums having a crap day for x,y and z and that if im very narky Im really sorry. My anti ds help but still find myself like this at times. Good luck when you go to see your dr :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Nic-nac wrote:Yeap I too suffer from this although to be fair I suppose its really my hubbie that suffers it :lol:
When Im turning alot my hubbie usually tells me it time to go back to dr, he loves taking his life in his hands like that :lol: :roll:

Im always worse when exceptionally tired/sore and god help you if its a combination of the two, I now explain to my kids that mums having a crap day for x,y and z and that if im very narky Im really sorry. My anti ds help but still find myself like this at times. Good luck when you go to see your dr :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It's the same here as well nic :tongueout: :tongueout: I'm an absolute nightmare in this state and OH is usually first in my line of fire :facepalm: :facepalm:

I think he secretly enjoys running the gauntlet just to see what options I give him when he's disturbed my sleep for several nights on the bounce and I'm so irrational, I can't accept it when he says he doesn't know he's doing it :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tireesix » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 am

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......... Support for mental health is so lacking at the moment...........
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby bestnan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:06 am

I understand that mood swings are just another part of the fibro list set down by Arthritis SA which I have included here. I found it on a question about Fibromyalgia. I tried to add it as an attachment but don't know how to. I found this helpful as I show it to those unbelievers and people who need to know what we are going through. By the way, I have the majority of these as I am sure others have as well as perhaps a few more.

1. PAIN- in the muscle: often described as aching, burning, throbbing, gnawing, shooting, tingling. Almost always exacerbated by exercise and may or may not be present at rest. Can be migratory and differing from day to day.

2. FATIGUE- From feeling tired to exhausted and requiring rest periods during the day.

3. SLEEP DISTURBANCE- not being able to fall asleep and or able to stay asleep. Unrefreshing sleep patterns " feels like I haven't slept."

4. PARESTHESIA- numbness or tingling. ( non dermatomal)

5. DEPRESSION- most often reactive as with chronic pain condition.

6. ANXIETY- may include panic attacks.

7. PERSONALITY CHANGES- usually a worsening of a previous tendency.

8. MOOD SWINGS

9. SUBJECTIVE SWELLING OF EXTREMITIES- i.e. feels swollen but no-one can find anything.

10. HEADACHES- tension and or migraine.

11. COGNITIVE FUNCTION PROBLEMS: calculation difficulties, memory disturbances, spatial disorientation, difficulty with concentration, short term memory loss.

12. FREQUENT UNUSUAL NIGHTMARES- or being unable to dream.

13. DYSTONIA- stiff muscles due to involuntary contracture. Difficulty in moving tongue to speak.

14. FREQUENTLY SAYING WRONG WORDS

15. BURNING SENSATIONS

16. LIGHT HEADEDNESS- "Fibro Fog", spaced out, cloudy.

17. MORNING STIFFNESS

18. EASY BRUISING

19. MILD BUTTERFLY RASH- (LUPUS TYPE) May be photo sensitive.

20. NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATION- rashes, may be severe itching. NI causes the symptoms and signs of Dermatographia.

21. DISEQUILIBRIUM- Vertigo

22. MUSCLE WEAKNESS- variable with no "objective" abnormality to formal testing.

23. SCIATICA- like pain

24. PHOTOPHOBIA- Intolerance of bright lights.

25. ALTERATION OF TASTE, SMELL and HEARING.

26. LOW FREQUENCY, SENSORINEURAL HEARING LOSS.

27. DECRESED PAINFUL SOUND THRESHOLD.

28. TINNITUS- ringing in the ears.

29. OCCASIONAL EXAGGERATED NYSTAGMUS- involuntary rapid movementof the eye ball.

30. CHANGES IN VISUAL ACUITY- impaired function of the smooth muscle used for focus as well as skeletal muscles for tracking.

31. INTOLERANCE OF ALCOHOL

32. ENHANCEMENT OF MEDICATION SIDE EFFECTS

33. INTOLERANCE OF PREVIOUSLY TOLERATED MEDICATIONS

34. WEIGHT CHANGES- usually gained due to the lack of exercise through pain and or tricyclic antidepressants

35. RESTLESS LEGS

36. HEIGHTENED AWARENESS- of symptoms of HYPOGLYCEMIA 9 when blood sugar falls)

37. POSSIBLE CARBOHYDRATE INTOLERANCE

38. SYMPTOMS OF IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME (I.B.S.)

39. HEARTBURN- secondary to I.B.S.

40. SUB-NORMAL TEMPERATURE

41. NIGHT SWEATS.

42. SENSITIVE TO TEMPERATURE EXTREMES

43. HEART PALPITATIONS

44. BREATHING DIFFICULTIES

45. HEART MURMUR-Mitral Valve Prolapse appears to be more symptomatic in FM than normal.

46. IMPOTENCE- reactive and occasionally.

47. SEVERE PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME

48. FREQUENT VAGINAL YEAST INFECTIONS.

49. MUSCLE SPASM- twitching.

50. NON-CARDIAC CHEST PAIN- which may simulate cardiac disorder.

51. PELVIC PAIN.

52. ABDOMINAL WALL PAIN.

53. DRY EYES AND MOUTH.

54. TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT DISORDER- usually due to abnormal muscle tone.

55. RAYNAUD'S- like symptoms.

56. CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME-possible related condition.

57. HAIR LOSS-secondary to psychological stress from FM.

58. VULVODYNIA- Vulvar discomfort or pain, burning, stinging and irritation.

59. PLANTAR ARCH-or heel pain. Exacerbated in FM.

This list of symptoms has been correlated by the Arthritis Foundation S.A.
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:53 am

Blimey, there's a lot on there sheila that apply to me as well :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Yep alot that applies to me as well. :facepalm:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Oh ny word, me too :? :? :? :? :? :? :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems