hello

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello

Postby jan8787 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm

hello
can anyone help me with this problem or condition i have.
i need some advice.
l have had fibromyalgia for over three years now.
last year in october i was out shopping with my husband when i cam over very sleepy and my arms,legs, came over very week,my speech was slurred and my head floppy, we went back to the car where i laid on the seat for about half an hour.i knew what was been said around me and what was going on but couldnt move as felt so week.
this has happened a few times,when i have been out or at home,my daughter has seen me like this before.anyway,i saw my doctor who gave me an ecg and said everything normal,blood pressure normal,he sent me to see a neurolgist who sent me for a ct scan and that was normal said he didnt know what it could be and very strange,he put it down to migrain.
the reason why i need advice is that last wednesday it happened again but worse as i was with my daughter and he friend in the job centre.
my daughter was talking to the job centre lady when i started to yawn a lot and i was hot and had a very stressed week,i couldnt open my eyes, well i could but it was like i had no strength to keep them open,my legs and arms and head were like jelly and my speech was slurry and my daughter told the lady that i was having one of my attacks as she calls it and not to worry i will come out of it soon,well avout half an hour later i think i got up and walked out of the job centre very dissorted not with it at all,i felt very week i could hardly stand up and a secruity guard and my daughter lifted me on to a chair in another shop i sat there not sure how long but my daughter had to keep supporting my head as it was floppy they got a wheelchair and carried me to my daughters friends car and she took me home.from what i have been told it took over an hour before i felt more normal but the rest of the night still didnt feel myself.
if anyone has ever had the same or knows what this is could you get back to me please. i haveing blood tests this thursday so will see if anything comes from that.
i need to know if this is fibromayalgia or something else.
thank you
jan8787
UKFM Member

Re: hello

Postby cherryblossom » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi Jan :wave: I think this is just good old fibro! I very often feel like this and literally almost have to sleep where I'm standing! I feel suddenly exhaustively tired and just have to sit or lay somewhere. My speech goes as tho I'm drunk and thereis no way I can keep my eyes open, but as you say, too weak to open them or move or reply to anyone, just impossible! I didn't know what it was to start with but this was how my family knew there was something wrong with me, that and my memory. The doc seemed to think that's what it was as well after extensive tests. I'm sure I've read on here somewhere backalong of others feeling the same. It's just a sudden exhaustion :snore1: and apparently is fibro but do please carry on and have it checked just to satisfy yourself and to check there is nothing else. :fingerscrossed: you feel a bit better soon. Please take care :blowkiss: :hugs: Cherry
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:00 pm

With this "attack" being worse than previous ones, it sounds like you need to have things checked out further. Things should never just be put down to FM, esp if they are new, worsening or worrying you for any reason. There are various reasons as to why you may be losing consciousness like you are, and they need looking into to see what is causing these "attacks".

When I first started showing symptoms of what turned out to be FM, I had several bouts very similar to what you've described. For me it was a case of being under a lot of stress, blood pressure being all over the place, and my body letting me it was reaching it's limits of what it could cope with.

Hope you can find out what is causing this :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Agree completely with Fluppy get it checked out again, maybe you will need to be admitted for observation :fingerscrossed: they find the reason and can put your mind at rest :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jan8787 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:51 pm

hello and thank you for your replys.
i hope it is fibro but iam not sure as i know i have felt really tired before but this isnt just tiredness, it feels like i have no control of my whole body as i can be fine one minute then i have to lay down somewhere or i would fall.i was lucky i had someone with me but what happens if iam out one day on my own and this happens, as i cant move or explain why iam like this that is what iam worried about,how do people do every day things when all of a sudden you are going to fall down its very scary and embarrassing.
iam aware of what is going on around me but i cant move.
i know i was very stressed that week,but this has happened when iam not stressed and feeling fine.
my blood pressure is fine and iam not on any medicine as i try and cope without having anything.
as my fibro started over three years ago,this was not part of how it came on,so that is why i really do not think it is.
thank you for your replys and i will let you know how i go on.
jan
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:56 pm

Keep us updated with things jan :grouphug: If there's anything bothering you or you need to let off some steam, there's usually someone around for support , [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] and :wine: :wine: :wine:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems