HAND AND RIST PAIN

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

HAND AND RIST PAIN

Postby tnissan38 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi all the advise i been given up to know is appreciated and helpful . Today i have had loads of pain in my wrist and hand , i have had it befor but even trying to eat my dinner , has i put my hand in a certain position was that painful even had to drop spoon . Anyone had this and is it a part of fibro . xxx Tracey x
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Re: HAND AND RIST PAIN

Postby loubie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:55 pm

yes painful wrists and hands is part of fibro :(
i have wrist splints that do help.
go see your gp and ask if you could have some wrist supports
you don't have to wear them all the time, just when they are bad
if this is new to you, you should go see gp :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby tnissan38 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:29 pm

I was given wrist splinths few year ago when had painful wrists , was given them for arthritis . But a lately just touching something lifting something that dont even weigh anything its a seering pain . thanks for that i will try them out again xxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi
Yes wrist and hand pain is all part of fibro, i get pins and needles in my hands and also have problems griping and holding on to things. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby xjx » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I suffer with raynaud's syndrome so have a lot of pain with my hands but recently Ive a lot of swelling around my thumb and wrist,and its always very warm to touch,I didnt know the Dr could give you wrist supports so on my next visit I'llask him,I'm also partially sighted due to a eye condition hence the larger font xx
xjx
UKFM Newbie

Postby pixiecat » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi

I too suffer with this its like you have just come in from playing in the snow and when you warm your hands you get that
tingly pain, I too have the splints to help when I get the pains.

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby tnissan38 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 pm

thanks for that . Yes i have had probs gripping things for a while . Thankfully bit easier today but splints at the ready thanks xx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:29 am

Hi tnissan38

My partner bought me a knife and fork from a mobility shop cos it hurt too much to get food in my gob. The handles are absolutely huge and the knife has an edge that u rock in the food to cut with a little bit of pressure. They were £12 a piece so a bit dear just for cutlery, but i use mine everytime i have a cooked meal. Hope that helps in some way. Also hope that our paths cross again
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby tnissan38 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:51 pm

HI Ouchisme thanks for that and will look into that too . take care xx tracey
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby kittymcg1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:38 am

Hi. I hav a lot of wrist and hand problems my doc gave me ibuprofen gel to rub in. It helps a little. I also drop things witout notice. An of gave me a thing for my kettle and spongy ends for my cutlery. She suggested other things to buy to help. I wud use wrist supports from time to time. Any repetitive movement really hurts. :hugs:

Kitty
-x-
kittymcg1
UKFM Member

Postby m2kl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:32 pm

I too have really bad hand and wrist pain and like others have Raynauds and other symptoms like trouble gripping, lifting, drop things often and at times even have trouble typing or texting!! My splints are fantastic as are NSAIDs.
m2kl
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems