A LOT OF PAIN!! HYPERMOBILITY & JOINT PAIN

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A LOT OF PAIN!! HYPERMOBILITY & JOINT PAIN

Postby vicky_nunn » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi all

As you can prob see from the subject i am i a lot of pain at mo with my hips and legs mainly due to hypermobility! I am on so many pain killers, 30/500 2 four times daily SR Tramadol 200mg twice daily, i thought i could take normal tramadol on top if needed but my gp said you cant do that. . something because of it being immediate release . . trying ibuprophen 1-2 three times daily but not holding breath.

Just go home from long trip in car and in so much pain, due to the sitting! I am also on 75mg amotriptolin and 200mg hydroxychlorquin which is a rehmatic drug, went on it few wks ago to help fibro.

The hip and leg pains are really getting me down!!!!! :banghead: also getting a lot of pains in hands too!

Any suggestions or what helps for you guys!!!????
vicky_nunn
UKFM Member

Re: A LOT OF PAIN!! HYPERMOBILITY & JOINT PAIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Have you tried something like soaking in a warm bubbly bath, or heat pads/wheaty bags on the worst bits?? A good old hottie bottie wrapped in a towel??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:33 pm

not much more to add than Flups suggestions, you seem to be full of meds so its just a case of getting your body as comfortable as possible :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: something starts to give soon :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby vicky_nunn » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks guys. Spent night with tens machine on. Didnt want to put heat on it incase it made it worse. Also have bursitius in my hips nad knees.

anyone any other suggestions would be appreciated, meds that you take?
vicky_nunn
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:13 pm

hope you start to feel better soon :hugs: :hugs:

perhaps you could be in a flare :dunno:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby tireesix » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:51 am

Tizanidine for spasm and oxycodone for pain.

Also, just say 'F*CK IT' when it gets really bad and it can help!!!!!!
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby vicky_nunn » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks everyone, gave me little chuckle tireesix! I spoke to my gp once about oxycodene when i was discussing options for pain relief and she looked shocked and said that wasnt an option yet as its a morphine product! It would be nice to have some when i am desperate which to be honest isnt v often. . . i was just v bad the other day. and it scares me that will happen again, im so glad i have the tens. Getting compressions shorts, hope they help my hip bursitus!
vicky_nunn
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems