chest pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

chest pain

Postby jamg3916 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:17 pm

For the second time in a couple of months I've had severe upper chest pain, last time it was 2 visits to GP and 1 to A&E gwas given Diclofenac by GP which upset tummy despite having other stuff to offset that. Have been told both times its muscle strain. It was caused first time I think by moving a bed. Have had it again this week, having not done any thing to start it off, and pain got so bad I had to call out dr in the middle of the night, she gave me codine & paracetamol + said to take the Diclofenac. She asked if I was on anything else for FM, when i said no she seemed surprised, am beginning to get the feeling that my GP is not taking me all that seriously. Due to see concultant in Aug so plan to ask about meds if this sort of thing happens and catch it before it gets so bad. I work F/T and can't afford to keep taking time off, as live alone. Am getting really anxious and upset at thought of possible redundancies and the prospect of having to live in a bedsit because I have no decent income/or way of earning a living wage given my age, now 55. Feel like I'm on edge all the time and am sure that's not helping things. How have others managed their care and employment? Need to stop typing now as things are aching again.
jamg3916
UKFM Member

Re: chest pain

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Feeling on edge definitely won't be helping how you're feeling as FM absolutely loves stress, in fact it thrives on it wanting more and more :facepalm: :facepalm:

If you feel your doc isn't taking you seriously, is there another one you could see instead, to see if they're more helpful and understanding :?: :?:

The chest pain could be something called costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the ribs junctions with the breastbone (also called Tiete's syndrome) and is treated with anti-inflammatory meds. It needs to be checked by a doc just in case there is something else causing the problem, but costo is pretty common amongst us FM-ers.

There are other anti-inflam meds that can be prescribed. I have problems with diclofenac as it causes me chronic acid reflux, so I'm on naproxen instead.

Hope you can get to the bottom of things and find some relief soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:27 pm

i agree with flup

you are worrying and getting stressed.
try and relax and rest as much as possible when you are not at work.

when you are at work try to sit and have a minuet or 10 every now and then,
that will boost your battery and hopefully keep you going.

think you need to see another GP that knows a little more about fibro too
hope you feel better soon :hugs: :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby jamg3916 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks folks for words of encouragment
jamg3916
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Hope you're feeling better today and I agree with Flup and loubie, a supportive doc is a necessity :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems