citris drinks and food

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

citris drinks and food

Postby tnissan38 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi all some one mentioned to me today that drinking and eating anything citrisy can cause pain . Anyone know of this please xxx tracey
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Re: citris drinks and food

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:08 pm

I've moved your post into here Tracey as it seems a more suitable board for it :wave: :wave:

I haven't heard of citrussy things causing pain, nor have I had anything happen pain wise with eating and drinking them :dunno: :dunno: I googled it to see what came up, and TBH that wasn't any clearer either. Some sites said it didn't cause it, where as a similar number said the opposite :facepalm: :facepalm:

Has the person who told you about it had it happen to them??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Sorry no I havent heard of this either, I know foods can have an effect on us but not heard of this one :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tnissan38 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:46 pm

thanks . its just a while a go i had read it somewhere and thought would see if anyone knows of it . cheers for that x
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi. My hubby can't have anything citrus with the tablets he's on, he's diabetic, but not heard of the pain side of things :dunno: , sorry. Hope maybe you find an answer soon. Cherry :flowers:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:28 pm

I can't have anything orangy, at all. It sets my IBS off really badly, but without warning. I had a very embarrasing accident, luckily as I was getting out of the car on our drive from dropping the OH off, so I was alone as well.

All becasue I drank a bottle of tropicana orange juice! It's so mean because I love fresh orange juice.

I can have lemon, but it gives me terrible stomach ache that lasts for hours.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:58 pm

I cant eat anything with grapefruit as I'm on gliclazide for diabetes, but can have any other citrus fruits :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems