I have lots of health problems, are they part of FM?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I have lots of health problems, are they part of FM?

Postby Sunshinesharon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi not feeling at all well.
I have lots of health problems are they part of FM?
I have IBS, carpal tunnel, inflamatory bladder and bowel, fibroids in my womb causing me to be aneamic, ulcers in my mouth and hot sweats. Is there a link with FM?
Been unwell for such a long time. Have had lots of tests, there is often nothing they can do.
I am having nerve tests next week to try to help with carpal tunnel. It will be good not to have to wear splints at night, I find it so difficult to sleep.
I am very depressed, everything is such hard work.
Sunshinesharon
UKFM Newbie

Re: I have lots of health problems, are they part of FM?

Postby denys » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi lots of us suffer with some if not all of the symptoms you are describing but we cant say your's is definitely FM, only a health professional can do that. Sorry to hear you are down at the moment, have you spoken to your GP about the way you are feeling???
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sunshinesharon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:53 pm

I've been diagnosed with FM.
People think that you should be feeling better, but you don't. I just wondered if everything was connected.
Thank you for replying :D
Sunshinesharon
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sunshinesharon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Need to go now as I run a Rainbow Unit tonight. It totally wipes me out, but I love doing it. I am so lucky to have such an understanding hubby. :D
Sunshinesharon
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 pm

No problem Sharon, as I said, its just so difficult with this flipping condition to say what is connected and what isnt as we dont all have the same symptoms etc. I hope you get some relief from everything really soon and start ot feel more like you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Goodluck with the Rainbows and :flowers: to your hubby for being nice :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi Sharon
Fibro has so many symptoms and most other problems are linked with fibro but we always advise everyone with new symptoms to get them checked out by their GP as not everything is down to fibro.
ibs & bladder problems are a known link so is carpal tunnel.
I had to have a hysterectomy due to fibroids but that was pre fibro but do know others who have period problems.

It's best to write all your new symptoms down so you dont forget anything then go and have a chat to your GP and get a check over then they will be able to tell you for certain if its down to fibro. :goodluck1: :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:41 pm

I can't really add anything else to what denys and shaz have already said, sharon :hugs: :hugs: It's always better to have things checked out, even if it's only for your own peace of mind :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sunshinesharon » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:54 am

Thank you all for replying. I guess we all have good and bad days. :D :cry:
The doctor phoned me yesterday and wants to see me tommorrow ,as my iron levels are so low. :crazy:

This new doctor is lovely and keeps saying sorry that she isn't able to really offer anything ,that will help :dunno: :dunno: . She asked me if I would like to talk to a councellor as I am so depressed, then she said that she totally understands why I'm depressed ,so she's not sure if it would help.
Do any of you think this would help? :dunno: :dunno:
Thank you for being there it helps so much to talk to people who understand. :lol: :D :)

Loved this cat :cat2: just had to use her, my cat is due to have kittens any day soon, my daughter is so excited :cat2:
Sunshinesharon
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 am

OOhh more ickle puddy tats :cat2:

It might be worth giving the counselling a try sharon, it's not just about talking about your problems, the counsellor may have some suggestions, ideas about how to change the way you look at things to help with your depression. I've had counselling, as well as CBT based therapy and found things from them helpful and still use today.

What has your GP suggested for you so far?? There are various meds to try, some people have found physio and hydrotherapy helps them, as well as the talking therapies :? :?

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:42 am

Hi
Your GP will be able to help you to get your pain under control so dont let them tell you that there is nothing they can do for you. :hugs:
Here is the NHS web site that will give your gp some info on meds used to treat fibro, you could print this out and show your gp.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Talking things through with someone not trying to get you back out of the door within 5 minutes can sometimes help, even if its just unburdening to a someone not related.

Whether counselling would help you if difficult to say unless you try and with FM everything (within reason :lol: ) is worth a go cos non of us can take the risk of missing the very thing that just might make a difference.

Sorry this is really rambly but I have a rotten headache and am very foggy, I hope you get what I'm trying to say :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:36 pm

It makes sense to me denys, so not sure what that means................................. :shock: :shock: :facepalm: :facepalm: :cup1: :cup1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:08 pm

mmmmmhhhh wouldn't like to say :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Doesn't matter what you say, I'm still away with the fairies on a lovely visit to FairyLand :D :D :D

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nutty1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 pm

:lol: :lol: and i thought i was only one away with the airies in fairyland :tongueout: :tongueout: i went on day return but missed the bus :clap: :clap: :chicken-dance:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems