[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Low Blood Pressure

Low Blood Pressure

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Low Blood Pressure

Postby SuziM » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Hiya.....I had my blood pressure taken at the rheumatologists clinic last week and the nurse said my blood pressure was low. She put it down to my being in pain, and said it was probably temporary. I spoke to my GP about it today and he took it again...and it is still low. I'm not anaemic, had a hysterectomy so no periods, and he said my heart sounds ok. I've been having random dizzy spells...like when I'm sitting watching tv I'll suddenly feel my head spin. I'm taking morphine & amitriptyline at the moment...anyone else have these problems...or am I just 'special'?!?!?! :crazy:

:dogrun1:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Re: Low Blood Pressure

Postby denys » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Suzi, I think we are all 'special' having FM seems to make us that way, there have been other posts from members regarding blood pressure, mine seems to fluctuate whenever I have it done.

The dizzy spells seem quite common too, hope they sort you out soon :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi Suzi
I always seem to have low blood pressure to, the hospital always make a comment on it.
I go through stages of feeling dizzy spells where i knock into things and fall over :crazy: i use a walking stick for balance now.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Duffinamdi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby pixiecat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:28 pm

HI

My blood pressure is on the low part of the normal scale, if you get me, but it has always been like that, even when I was
8-9 month pregnant my pressure didnt get high!!
I have dizzy spells even sitting down :yikes: with no real reasons why, my doc said I have vertigo now so I presume its this when I go dizzy
Has your dr done any blood tests to find out if something is causeing your low pressure, cant they give you something to bring
it up?

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby SuziM » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:49 pm

No my Doc hasn't done any tests. He took it on Tuesday and it was low and his response was 'its better than it being high' :dunno: He listened to my heart and said it sounded ok, then on Wednesday night I bent over to stroke the dog and the whole room spun round and I ended up on the floor....OH got me on the settee and I lay down...then the room span round again. I've never had anything like this happen before (without the aid of vodka :wine: ) so I was a bit freaked out!! Need to see Doc again this week to get Rheumy's letter so will probably mention it again. It's definately a new thing...historically my BP has been on the lower side of normal...but never this low! I'm still inclined to think it's drug related as both morphine & amitriptyline have dizziness as a side affect! Guess I just won't stroke the dog anymore!! :roll: :dogrun1: :roll:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Postby lindaloola » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:22 pm

I get dizzy a lot. could be fibro,could be the meds..probably both ,I also have low blood pressure. I was in hospital a few months ago and was given morphine for after the op.It was the first time I had not had fibro pain for ages.but it did make the dizziness even worse.I also itched really bad which was intolerable. Im surprised you have been given morphine for long term fibro? havnt heard of that before? a lot of docs wont prescribe it as they say addictive and you become tolerant and need more and more. mind you Im on tramadol and thats similar.it would seem all pain meds have a tolerance factor,my tramadol has stopped working so now I try and go without as much as possible so that if Im going somewhere I can take it and it has a better chance of working. On my days off the tramadol I just take ibuprofen and paracetamol.
lindaloola
UKFM Member

Postby SuziM » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:22 pm

It was my GP who prescribed the morphine before I got the FM diagnosis...Rheumy had a fit at how long I'd been taking it and is writing to GP to suggest a more appropriate plan...I'm really glad because I hate saying I'm taking morphine...and you get funny looks at the chemist when you've got to sign for it...the OAP's all think I'm on methadone!!! Also I'm hoping coming off it might help my IBS problems...lets just say it's a difficult and painful event :oops: !!!!!!
SuziM
UKFM Member

Postby Elsbeth » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:13 pm

My BP has been low for as long as I can recall.

it goes as low as 73/54. Causes me massive headaches, bad dizzy spells etc, but my heart rate is mental going up to 187. Random s*******.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby wild rabbit » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:41 pm

if you have low blood pressure and joint pain.... have you been tested for hypermobility syndrome? I have this as well as arthritis and secondary FM, and in hypermobility you can be prone to low blood pressure... and joint pain.

also, surely the morphine will cause dizzy spells, being a major opiate, and it can also lower your blood pressure....
wild rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby wild rabbit » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:44 pm

elsbeth... do you take amitryptiline or nortriptiline, both these can in rare cases cause rapid heart beat, its rare but it does happen, for it to be the meds though it would have to be a consistent fast heart beat, not a short response lasting only a few minutes.
wild rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby SuziM » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi....thanks for all the replies....my dizziness continues!!!

My GP toyed with the DX of hypermobility syndrome before Rheumy said FM. Is there an actual test for it? Still waiting for Rheumy's letter to arrive at GP's before I see him again...could be another 2 weeks according to their admin dept!!

My joints are pretty loose..been told I have 'lax ligaments' since I was in my teens...so GP thought hypermobility was a possibility...
also my niece is being investigated for Ehrles Danlos syndrome and Marfan syndrome which both cause hypermobility. Rheumy said I definately don't have EDS, that my joints are very flexible but didn't consider them hypermobile...

I know there's a lot of cross over with all of these joint pain syndromes, so it makes it a bit complicated doesn't it!!! :dunno: :swear1:

Still, there's always [chocolate]
SuziM
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems