cocyx pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cocyx pain

Postby tnissan38 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi all a couple of weeks ago i mentioned i am suppose to be going for injection into my cocyx bone . this was arranged befor they started saying looking like fm. The appointment has not come through yet relieved to say ,but was just wondering . Has anyone with fm suffered pain in the cocyx right at the end especially with sitting . Has i have not been good and in enough pain and thought if it is something that is associated with the fm painwise anyway would rather not have that injection . also because of all other pain all over gladly not felt it there has much with thinking of all pain . would appreciate anyones advise many thanks Tracey xxxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Re: cocyx pain

Postby denys » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi Tracy, I get an ache if I dont sit comfortably I wouldnt like to say whether or not you should have the injection, can you talk it over with your doc???? :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: things settle down for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:56 am

Hi Tracey
I get coccyx pain as well, at home i sit on my side with my feet up as sitting on my bum is so painful.
I have never been offered an injection but if i was i would give it a go. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby SuziM » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 am

Hi...I had this injection about 8 years ago...and I'm sad to say it had no affect at all...and it was painful (what isn't!)
Obviously everyone's different, and what didn't suit me might suit someone else. I also had an epidural when I was in labour with my son, and this didn't work either. have you ever had this type of injection before (eg epidural)...this might give you an indication of whether it will work for you!

Good Luck!!
:goodluck1:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:34 pm

hi tracy i had an injection through the coxex in to L 5 space ,, the injection with a very large needle did not hurt much but when they pushed the liqiuid in my god it was the worst pain i have known , i started to scream and had to bee held down??? this was due to it pressuriseing the reduced space around the nerve root at L 5 .
gess what i did Not help at alll and i would never try it agian , you could be totaly diferant though , sorry if it puts you of but you did post the question
take care
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby tnissan38 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:01 pm

THANKS for all those replys always helps . to one question i have never had a epidural . I was asked to have the injection befor they started to think could be fm . He did tell me its not a pleasant injection and that if did not get any relief for more than 3 months after then not worth in future . i have had steroid injections in the past some just into buttock to try deal with all round pain and no does not last long . Last year was given one into hip bursa but made it worse for two weeks then not many relief weeks after that . Its just pain i am in at min is enough and dont really need extras , and if it was something that is any relation to fm symptoms would rather keep having a go with meds to see if get some relief . I just could imagine me in tears and doing same has you tony trying to crawl off the table . Thanks for all your input and welcome any more xxxx Tracey
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby SuziM » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:40 pm

It really does hurt Tracey..I'll never have it done again...and I managed 2 natural birth without pain relief and don't have the same feelings of terror about labour as I do about this injection!!! I'm pleased Tony found it as bad as I did...I thought maybe I'd just had a bad experience but apparently not! Sorry it's not positive advice but I'd rather know if I was facing something like this!
xx :hugs: xx
SuziM
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Tracey, could you tell your gp why you are so unsure about the injection and that you would prefer to try the meds approach first to see if they bring you some relief, but keep the injection as Plan B in case the meds approach doesn't help :?: :?: :?:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tnissan38 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:31 pm

thanks for that again . And i will still think about it in future just in case , the consultant did tell me its not a good injection to have either . i am going to talk it over with my gp too at min to see what can be done with meds at the moment . Thanks again everyone Tracey xxxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:37 pm

hi tracey :wave:
have you got a cushion to ease the pain when sitting
you can get the special coccyx one or the donut ring cushion

my mom suffered for years with it and found traveling in the car very painful
so i got her a swimming rubber ring and she would not go anywhere with out it :lol:

hope you find something to ease the pain soon :hugs:
the injection sounds :yikes: :yikes:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby tnissan38 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:16 pm

I have got one of those cussions with v cut out at back to relief it , not too good . Not tried rings cause thought they caused other probs ie piles . But if been ok for your mum will def get one and try it thanks love Tracey xxxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:22 pm

It's worth a try Tracey, you never know it could be just what you need to make you feel more comfortable :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:15 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems