funny turn

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

funny turn

Postby livermore » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:30 am

Hi everyone,

Thought i had sent this yesterday but maybe i didnt my mind isnt very good at the moment im sure you all understand!!

I wanted to ask you all if any of you had experienced or could help with what happened to me a few weeks ago.

I was sat at my parents house just after finishing work watching my gorgeous nephew playing when all of a sudden out of the blue i had what im calling a fuuny turn, i went all dead on my left side pins and needles in the hand and foot, my heart was beating rapidly and couldnt breath properly, I tried to talk to my parents and found that i couldnt and couldnt really understand what was going on around me i felt very faint.

It passed very quickly probably only a minute or so and although i had trouble co-ordinating my walking for a futher maybe half an hour at the most i did return to normal very quickly. The only thing is im now left with my left arm and leg going dead and pins and needley everyday on and off and sometimes the right now too.

I didnt really tell anyone for a while but my gp knows most of it now and i should be going to a neurologist next week for scans i think. i dont know why i didnt tell maybe because i was scared and wanted to pretend it hadnt happen!

Michelle x
livermore
UKFM Member

Re: funny turn

Postby pixiecat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi

I dont want to worry you but when I read this I thought of a stroke, as you said you went numb and couldnt talk, but if you have told your gp then I must be wrong, glad your gp has sent you for more tests, I get a numbness in my right arm but I have had big problems
with my arm for years and when I do too much then I get the problems.

:fingerscrossed: :hugs: for your next appt

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby denys » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi Michelle, glad you've gone to your doc to get it sorted, :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2: with your appointment, you need your mind put to rest over it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby clareabell » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi there i had a simlair experiance but worse ! I was at hospital at the time and taken to resus department and sent for a emergency angiogram within 30 mins . The cardiologist's in a&e thought i had a heart attack . Lucky for me i had not after test's was done and a week in hospital and further test's neouro etc It turn's out after a very long story and very frightening memory !

Fibro FIBRO MIMICK'S HEART ATTACK symptons in Some people but not ALL just like you explained , i now have a spray a GTN to stop any chest pain which i have developed since , And i have anti spasm tablett's because what happens is i get fibro related muscle spasms and the heart been a muscle , it happens to my heart aswell and it spasms causing a type of angina pain it's stabbing .

Ive never had an episode as bad as that day thank god , I was numb , tingling could not talk , heart was rapid and was just about uncouncious but could hear everything with extreme pain in my chest mine lasted 20 mins maybe longer ? i was out of it . There is quite a bit of information on Fibro mimicking Heart Attack symptoms if you google it and i think there is a section on here .

It's taken 9 years for my fibro diagnosis and now all my jiggsaw fitts togheather at last . I must say this may not be the same in your case but it may hellp to know this and if you ever have these symptoms again id advise do tell who ever is around you to be on the safe side These symptoms can be a severe migraine too . I had eeg's test's for epilepsy aswell but all was fine it's all my fibromyalgia .

Dont be frightend to tell those close to you i know it's hard but it hellp's if they know too . It's scary been in the unknown time's i know but it hellped me to talk .I hope this hellp's in some way and you get your answears you need ! Im a text book patient so they say ha ha typical and ive signed my case study over for medical research hellp now ;0) :goodluck1:
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into smaller paragraphs for easier reading
clareabell
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:00 pm

There is a thread on here regarding heart attack symptoms and fibro :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems