Fast pulse and feeling hot?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fast pulse and feeling hot?

Postby gail73 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi everyone, does anyone ever suffer from a really fast heartbeat after say a brisk 5 min walk or a bit of vacuuming? my pulse is really fast and im hot and dont feel very well at all, it usually take me around an hour or so to feel normal again.
Gail
gail73
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fast pulse and feeling hot?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:24 pm

I have the feeling hot after doing things gail, but not the heartbeat :shock: :? With that and how long you've said it takes things to settle back down, it sounds like something that needs looking into, starting with your GP to see what could be responsible for it :? :?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby livermore » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:18 am

Hi,

I get like that sometimes my heart goes really fast and i feel hot, it can happen any time but often when i am doing something active or at work. I thought it was just kinda part of it and it does pass quicker for me than yours seems to.

I should be having a neurologists appointment soon(if they ever send me the letter!!) due to other probs so maybe its something i could mention to him.

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:55 am

the fast pulse/feeling hot is your body's response to increased cardiovascular activity (basically any type of exercise) ... however, it should not take an hour to return to normal, mine normally settles within 5-10 mins maximum depending on what i've been doing. And remember - often for us 5 mins activity may be as physically taxing as an hours worth of the same activity would be for a non-fm person

I agree, this is something that you should speak to your GP about .. it maybe nothing and just your body takes longer to recover from activity; but on the otherhand it might not be FM related
xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby gail73 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies, I will speak to my doctor about it and I'll let you all know :D
gail73
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems