[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - IBS

IBS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

IBS

Postby traceywatson » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:29 pm

When my IBS flares up when i eat a meal it feels like the last bit of it gets stuck in my throat. I have no trouble swallowing and don't have any heartburn just wondered if anyone else had this.
traceywatson
UKFM Member

IBS

Postby Niki d » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi Tracy,

I don't get that but if I have any dairy I feel like the is some thing in my throat and it gets really phlegmy and I can't get rid of it. Some times it's like that regardless of what I eat. My mum and my sisters are the same, my doctor said that the throat is affected because it's also a mussel.

Gentle hugs niki 
Niki d
UKFM Member

Re: IBS

Postby denys » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:46 am

I sometimes get the felling that I've forgotten how to swallow, I'm doing what I think is right but my throat doesnt respond :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi
Have you tried sipping water?that might help :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:55 am

yes i get this too, like i cant swallow anymore and it just sits at the top.

its weird but as said there is a muscle there it happened to me more when i was first diagnosed last year and hasn;t happened for ages then came back once or twice recently.

wonder if it is when we or our muscles are too tired so signals aren';t getting to that muscle to follow through the initial swallowing.

oh something else to add to list then. :dunno:

:wave: :wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems