Joints 'locking' and pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Joints 'locking' and pain

Postby countyfan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:34 pm

I was only diagnosed as definitely having Fibro a few weeks ago and don't know all that much about FM so I don't want to put every problem I have down to being as a result of this. However in the last week I have had at least 4 occasions where my joints have seemed to 'lock' mid movement. Twice it was my knees but the other times it was my hip and my elbow. I'm worried because especially with the knee and hip locking, I stumble and have to clutch at something to keep my balance. It is painful for some minutes but once I get my weight resting on either other leg or sitting down, after about 20 minutes the affected joint seems to free itself and I can cautiously continue with what I was doing.
I have to see a corporate health doctor tomorrow and was wondering if I should mention this or not. :roll:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Re: Joints 'locking' and pain

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 pm

I'd mention it, altho it could be due to FM, it could also be down to something completely unrelated. It's always better to check about anything new, or that is getting worse and/or worrying you at all.

I was having problems with being thirsty all the time and my mouth was always dry. I thought it could be due to my meds as a lot of them have dry mouth as a possible side effect, so it was checked out :shock: :shock: It turns out it isn't a side effect from my meds, it's due to diabetes :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi
My knee joints click most of the time when i move them and my right knee often locks, its very painful when it happens.

I would mention it to the health doctor, its always best to get new symptoms checked by your gp like flup said because not everything is linked to fibro although fibro does affect the joints. :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:04 am

I have this problem as well in both my elbows and my knees but you need it checking out just to be sure :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:58 am

i have had this feeling in my knee like it suddently hurts to weight bear then i try to put more weight on other leg and sit down then it goes away.

don;t know if there is a particular occasion either just something else i have noticed recently,

will probably mention to docs when i can next be bothered to go but i have a new doctor and he can barely be bothered to give me a repeeat prescription never mind listen to my symptoms. he seems a nice bloke but they always seem to be in a rush to get you out again.

:wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby HazelB » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:46 am

I get this as part of my FM ... but its best to mention to you GP jsut in case there is something else causing it. xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems