HIGH ESR COUNT

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

HIGH ESR COUNT

Postby bestnan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi

I had a blood test last week for hypoglycemia just to ensure that all is well. I rang today for my results and was told that the Dr wanted to see me as my ESR was 48. :yikes: I have had raised ESR for quite a while, but no where as high as this, which led my Dr to believe that I had polymialgia. She put me on steroids which helped my asthma (LOL) :lol: but didn't do anything for the Polymialgia. She sent me to the rhummy who diagnosed FM. My Dr thought differently and this seems she could have been right. I know that FM isn't due to inflammation and I am not unwell except for the FM, so I have no idea what is going on.

I go to see the Dr tomorrow and I am going to ask him to double check all the usual suspects.

Take care

Sheila :flowers:
bestnan
UKFM Member

HIGH ESR COUNT

Postby Bobbi08 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi

Yes my ESR last year was 81 and it's still not normal now. The rhuemy at the hospital dx fibro but got worse so saw a different one and was dx with Lupus in June this year, never did have fibro. You know your body best so push to find out for sure about Polymyalgia. They looked at that for me but my esr was not high enough needs to be in the 100's I think, so your doctor may be holding off to do repeat blood tests to see if your esr raises more.

Take care xxxx
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Re: HIGH ESR COUNT

Postby bestnan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanx :flowers: :flowers:
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby bestnan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Well I've been to the Dr's and it's been suggested that the receptionist needs glasses :roll: :roll: My ESR was 48 in FEBRUARY (8/2) not (2/8) when my Dr thought I had Polymyalgia and the receptionist had misread the thing :lol: :lol: leaving me worrying :yikes: . Dr apologised. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alls well that ends well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheila xx

bestnan wrote:Hi

I had a blood test last week for hypoglycemia just to ensure that all is well. I rang today for my results and was told that the Dr wanted to see me as my ESR was 48. :yikes: I have had raised ESR for quite a while, but no where as high as this, which led my Dr to believe that I had polymialgia. She put me on steroids which helped my asthma (LOL) :lol: but didn't do anything for the Polymialgia. She sent me to the rhummy who diagnosed FM. My Dr thought differently and this seems she could have been right. I know that FM isn't due to inflammation and I am not unwell except for the FM, so I have no idea what is going on.

I go to see the Dr tomorrow and I am going to ask him to double check all the usual suspects.

Take care

Sheila :flowers:
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Glad you got to the bottom of things sheila, but having that to worry about for those few days wasn't nice and could have sent you off into an awful flare :nono: :nono: :nono:

Sounds like the receptionist should have definitely gone to specsavers 8) 8) 8)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:24 pm

What a performance!!! as you say alls well that ends well and at least it hasnt gone on over the weekend :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems