Could I be suffering from Fibromyalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Could I be suffering from Fibromyalgia

Postby jimbo2 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Could I be suffering from Fibromyalgia?

10 years ago diagnosed with Arthritis and disc problems in lower back
2 years ago Diagnosed with IBS and bloating all the time

In the last year I have been suffering from the following which seems to come and go all the time?

Excruciating pain that affects both knees then the pain travels to the back of my legs
Sometimes jaw and neck pain
Sometimes I have chest pain
Dizziness
Headaches
Tiredness most of the time
Wake up most nights with stabbing pain in my foot
Stiffing / pain around my body

All the symptoms above have been investigated separately by my GP
jimbo2
UKFM Newbie

Re: Could I be suffering from Fibromyalgia

Postby denys » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Sorry we are not qualified to say whether or not someone is suffering from FM, from the symptoms you describe it may well be but FM can share a lot of symptoms with other conditions and therefore everything has to be checked individually to rule any other conditions out. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you will have your answers from your GP shortly :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:51 pm

:wave:

Fibromyalgia mimicks many illnesses so diagnoses is very important.

To be diagnosed you would have need to have been in severe chronic pain 24/7 for a minimal of 6months.

The main sypmtoms are...

Severe all over body muscle stiffness, in my case and many other, huge balls of muscle knots/lumps that restrict mobility and cause chronic 24/7 pain.

All over body fatigue even when resting

Then theres all the other added probems like chest tightness, nerve pain, spasms, anxiety/depression foggy head.... and many more (see our symptom list)

The best thing to do is to see a rhumatologist who will do the tender/trigger point test, this along with blood tests and a overall look at your life/stresses/traums etc will take into account.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi
You have been given some good advice, cant really add anything else. Hope you get some answer soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems