Muscle twitches?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscle twitches?

Postby cloverly » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 am

Hi all......I have been having muscle twitches for about the last yr but they seem to be getting more frequent (everyday)
When i say muscle twitches its literally the muscle twitching and clearly visible under the skin, my daughter says it looks like i have gremlins under my skin trying to get out!! :crazy:
I went to my local Fibro group yesterday and when i asked ppl if they suffered it they said no. I just put it down to fibro....like most things, fibro gets the blame for it.
I get "jerks" but that it totally different to the twitching x
:wave:
*xXx Laura xXx*
cloverly
UKFM Member

Re: Muscle twitches?

Postby holmess » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:00 am

:wave: Cloverly,
I must admit I do get muscle twitches and leg / arm jerks.. I often get twitches in my bottom lip of all places :roll: (look a lot like Elivs :lol: ).
However I wouldn't assume that everything is FM, might be worth mentioning to GP. I have to go to Neuro for symptoms my GP isn't sure about so always worth checking. :wink: :wink:
We do have some weird and wonderful things don't we :crazy: :crazy:
Take care and have a good day

Sharon ...
holmess
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Laura, Sharon is right get it checked out, the twitches sound like muscle spasms where the muscle gets really tight then sort of flicks back, do you get any lumps and bumps along with the twitching :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cloverly » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 pm

No lumps or bumps, just looks like i have a bug or something jumping up and down under my skin.
I went to see my GP today and he's taken bloods to check different levels, calcium, magnesium etc.
He says it could all be linked to fibro, he did say that muscle twitches appear in ppl with motor nurone (spelling wrong) but flicked my muscles and said it was highly unlikely it was that....thank god for that!
It happens when i rest normally and it affects my arms, legs, butt cheeks. My arm was twitching yesterday and it was making my finger flick up and down....very weird feeling.
*xXx Laura xXx*
cloverly
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:13 pm

hi laura :wave:
i get this too all over
i have had it in my face all over the weekend and its driving me mad :evil:

i have app at the doc on Fri so i will ask about it
i will probably forget :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby dollydaydream » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 pm

My Gp stopped my tramadol as it made my muscle jerks far worse. Are you on Tramadol?

Love dolly xx
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems