Effect of monthly cycle(hormones) on fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Jo75 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:23 am

I'm interested to know if any other women with fibro find that there symptoms are effected by there monthly cycle? As I am finding that I have 1 (so called) good week out of 4.
Jo75
UKFM Newbie

Re: Effect of monthly cycle(hormones) on fibro

Postby tabitha t » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:23 pm

my fibro is much worse the week before period and noticebly so to family etc, I have started this week on a low dose of HRT as for some time i've had perimenopausal symptoms although blood tests haven't backed this up, had another blood test yesterday !! Im hoping this will help with the symptoms i have and my fibro pain at the monthly time. :fingerscrossed:
tabitha t
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lorrie82 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi I put a topic up bout how I get wen I'm on my cycle so have read. It's under periods in the living wiv fibro.xx

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.337348,0.540083
Lorrie82
UKFM Member

Postby sarahb » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:36 pm

I defo suffer more before and during that time. I am convinced that there is some link between the two but none of the Drs I have seen seem to agree or even really acknowledge that there might be any interaction between FM and periods. Gynecologist said all problems are related to fibro and he can't treat them. Rheumatologist said that they are period problems and I have to see a gynecologist as he is no expert on periods...
I have started taking the progesterone only pill as there is a chance with this that periods stop all together so far I had 2 periods in 3 weeks and got more ill due to that I think but I will keep on with it for a few months as that's how long it takes to get into your system properly. If they can be reduced to nearly nothing most months I think I will see a big improvement. I have not had any migraines since it started I was having one before and one during, so that is something.
Interesting thread, will see what others experiences are. :clap:
sarahb
UKFM Member

Postby Livefortheday » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:30 pm

I have far worse symptoms around the time of my monthlys :(
Livefortheday
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems