Fear of going out alone

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fear of going out alone

Postby BlueBerry » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:00 am

Has anyone else had these feeling or had this problem I be like this for bit long time but it feels like it getting worse I have a fear of go out on my own . I can not go outside with out my mam even just go to doctors on bus , I also do not like big cowords of people and gangs of children I get is such a panic.

I am on medic for drepession and my anxity plus it post help my fm i was on Amitriptyline but now on Mirtazapine I think now. I not sure if it worth chat to my docotr about this and what she can do about it. I don't think it Agoraphobia but I can't be sure I had that a while ago where i wouldn't go out house for 6 months.

Just thought I post this see if anyone else go thought it and could gave me any advise bit down with it at min lot stress with up come appeal not helping a lot I am little scared at min do anything in case it fect my appeal which I am silly like they watch me weird feeling :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Re: Fear of going out alone

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:25 am

I have anxiety and in the oast been agrophobic...

I found my sypmtoms flared with stress. As you say you have alot on atm and it may be a trigger ?

I had CBT in anxiety and since then :fingerscrossed: i have manged to control it as it teaches you techniques in what your triggers are and how to prevent them flaring up by nippin it in the bud before you loose control.

Everything you expressed is anxiety.

Its good to talk and seek help and reasurance but you need also to say this to your GP

See if they can get you additional support if you want to not just meds, IMO i feel therapy helps just as good :)
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:57 am

Hi Blueberry, sorry you are feeling like this at the moment and I agree with Lisa I think you need to talk to the doctor about this, if that worries you ask your mam if she will help you be speaking to the doc on your behalf. They arent watching you so dont worry as Lisa said that is the anxiety making you feel that way :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2: with talking to the doc I'm sure she can help you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby BlueBerry » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:43 pm

thanks guys yeah weird feeling i have at the min I thought it maybe down to my anxity and stress guess i need sit down and chat with my doctor I keep put off cause she seems be so busy guess I need make a double apointment and have my mam come in with me chat doctor but nice see not a lone in anxity bit :crazy: feel like I am going crazy at min :lol:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:57 pm

If you're going :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Blueberry, then we're all going there with you as well :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It definitely does sound like you need to talk to you GP about it. Maybe make a list of things you need/want to talk about, starting with the one that is the most pressing/important one to you. Make your appt and get your lovely mam to go with you and see what can be done to try and help you with things :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

My GP always seems busy as well, and I've often put things off as long as I can :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: The earlier you go when something starts, the easier it could be to sort out, instead of leaving it and it getting harder to sort out :? :?

You're definitely not alone :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems