MVP and Fibromyalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MVP and Fibromyalgia

Postby theouchfairy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:43 am

I found something online the other day that suggested people with MVP - Mitral Valve Prolapse could be at higher risk of developing Fibromyalgia.
I have Mitral Valve Prolapse due to a genetically misformed valve apparently? Only got moderate reguritation (back flow of blood) at the moment. So cardiolgy aren't too worried about me. I first found out about this diagnosis and my heart murmur on my 30th birthday :crazy: :roll: when we were living in Sydney at the time.
I have recently found out from Cardiology though that my parents were first aware when I was 6 - ughhh families who would have them.
They never deemed it necessary to tell me apparently :crazy: :swear1:

Does anyone else have MVP?

We changed drs 3 months ago as our old drs - emphasis on the OLD were saying all my health problems the last 3 years have been to do with my heart, yet each cardiology appointment (yearly) they say I might be a bit more tired than usual but otherwise I shouldn't be noticing my MVP much at the moment.
The new drs didn't tie it up with MVP and were honest saying firstly they didn't know what was going on with me but they would run test and do all they could to get the the bottom of it.
I now wish I'd changed drs years ago.... especially as my old dr could never hear my murmur or systolic click of my valve - yet the cardiologist could cleary show it was very real and said it was clear to hear, she pulled a puzzled face when I told her he couldn't hear either !

Oops waffling
I can be stubborn, bad tempered and insecure, but if you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve to share in my laughter, generosity, happiness and confidence - when I find it all again of course
theouchfairy
UKFM Member

Re: MVP and Fibromyalgia

Postby theouchfairy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Talking to myself I'm guessing no one else has MVP and Fibromyalgia
I can be stubborn, bad tempered and insecure, but if you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve to share in my laughter, generosity, happiness and confidence - when I find it all again of course
theouchfairy
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Hello
No i have not got MVP. not heard anyone else bring it up on the forum as far as i can remeber. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 pm

No MVP for me either, and I can't remember coming across any other mentions of it on here either I'm afraid :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Same here sorry
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby theouchfairy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks anyway.

Was just going to try and get clear in my head what to expect when my MVP gets worse.
theouchfairy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:34 am

Think you need to discuss it with your docs, they should be the ones who will know what to expect :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems