Tingling

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tingling

Postby mand » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:04 am

And my magic wand was nowhere insight :clap: :clap: :lol: .....im experiencing slight tingling in my fingers mainly the sides and tips, cannot decide side of little toes and also over the weeks had a sore shoulder and aching neck, so i presume its fibro there as well..that was the only place in my body that was ok :roll: ...........is tingling the norm or do i have to consult the quack...i hate going :dunno:... Great how we get more info and reassurance from you guys :D :D :D ....many thanks mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Re: Tingling

Postby selbo28 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:32 am

Hi Mandy, yes I get the tinging aswell in fingers, toes or sometimes the whole of my arms and legs! It freaked me out at first but have read other posts that say it is quite common with fibro.

Isn't it horrible when a previousely unaffected part of your body starts to show signs of fibro too, it's like there's no escape from it!
That's the way it went for me, section by section my body was being taken over and now there's not one inch of me that's not affected!!

When I get the tingles I try to keep moving my hands and toes to get the blood flowing but it doesn't seem to make a difference so I try to ignore it,which is also no good!!!

It's another one of these annoying things that we can do nothing about!

Hope it doesn't drive you too mad, I know when mine is tingling really badly I could pull my skin off to try to get to it and stop it!! ( I obviousely wouldn't actually do it, i'm not that crazy!!)

Take care
Selina :wine:
selbo28
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 am

hi mandy

you no we always say if its new go and see your GP to get it checked out.

having said that it is another FM thing :roll:
i have it all the time 24/7 in my legs/feet and hands
i find the worst part is when i have it all over its horrid
even my face and tongue :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:14 pm

I have the tingles as well, it does seem to another FM favourite :shock: :shock:

As loubie has said, if it's new, getting worse or just generally bothering you, it's best to have things checked out.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi
Yes i am another that gets it, get it in my hands/fingers and feet. Another symptom to fibro. :( i have not found a way to ease it yet. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Roop » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi Mandy,
I am kind of new to The forums, but when I read your message I felt more involved with people that understand how fibro effects our daily lives. I don't want to scare any one, I have had fibro for over 20years. My shop and needles feeling, is in my hands and feet, my face, mouth, and eyes. I want stand it when it starts, mostly affected in the Autumn and winter. I think stress has a part 2 play in this in my opinion. Hope you feeling a little better, take care, try to have some fun. From roop. :goodluck1:
Roop
UKFM Member

Postby Lindsays82 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi,

I get tingling in my feet and sometimes hands, i think it's all connected to fm :?:

also i keep dropping things but only my right hand......in general my right side is the more painful :facepalm:

:grouphug:
Lindsay

JUST BECAUSE I LOOK NORMAL TO YOU IT DOESN'T MEAN I AM NOT IN PAIN OR BEING LAZY!
Lindsays82
UKFM Member

Postby busy mummy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:23 am

I am another tingly person, hands and feet.

If you have pain and soreness in your neck, like I do, You should go to docs and ask for physio.

There is a nerve that runs through your neck and shoulders called the ulnar nerve, If you are very tense and tight in the shoulders or neck this nerve can become compromised or "crushed".

I had about 8 weeks of physio, just very gentle small movements to relax the muscles and tendons and my symptoms are much improved. Not only has the tingling subsided in the outer side of my hand (pinky and ring finger), but my shoulders are in a normal sort of position after years of feeling that I was holding them up by my ears!!

I am off to a hand surgeon on Tuesday as the rest of my hands are still affected and I will probably need carpal tunnel surgery.

I know what you are saying about docs, I have to go every month because we dont seem to have hit on the right combo of meds yet, but I am very lucky that the three GPs at my surgery are all female, and all know a fair bit about fibro, so I am never made to feel like I am silly or lazy
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:44 pm

hi lindsey...

im left handed and ive noticed over the weeks im getting weaker on that side and im experiencing neck and shoulder pain now on both sides, today pins and needles all day and fees like pain and electric shocks in my right arm when picking things up :shock: :swear1: ohhh errr,constant headaches and soreness, at the moment im stressed so its not helping things. hopefully this week can sort things out, i care for my daughter and her care package is being cut, so have to juggle work,caring and everything else out :evil: :hit1: :facepalm: , im not a happy bunny, but will get through it............... :dogrun1: ...........thats what i feel like im chasing my tail.....
mand
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Busy mummy....hope all goes well on tuesday, i will get it checked out , i need another repeat prescription so see gp......finger tips feel sensitive and kind of numb sensation :dunno: ....it's weird :crazy: oooohhh the delights........and my spelling :snore1: brains asleep, ...let us know how you got on :goodluck2: , best wishes mand :D
mand
UKFM Member

Postby busy mummy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Dont worry will do m8, only been carpal tunnell for 3+ years so i wll tell em to do it, no painrelief nothing, do it and be done........
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems