So scared Wow OUCH!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

So scared Wow OUCH!!

Postby Ms Tigger » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi guys I hope someone can help me or at least tell me they have had the same experience as me cos something happened that has just scared me to death.

History....since 29/11/09 been in 'flare' mode and it seems unlikely to change at least that is what the rhuemy says so...constant pain (but used to it :crazy: ) Migraines at least three times a month very little sleep with extraordinaryily vivd dreams and nightmares. I can't sit for more than a couple of minutes then I need to move or stand up or lie down. I walk with a cane and a carer cos I fall down a lot and get terrible pain etc. Can speak absolutely fluent gobbeldy gook in two languages :tongueout: and my brain very rarely knows what the hell is going on. In other words 'normal fm flare mode' if there is any such thing.

Anyway I share a house with a friend who also acts as my carer which is great and I am very lucky, I went into his room to say thank you to him cos he made me a bacon buttie :D , and I sat in the edge of his bed and chatted to him for not more than five minutes when all of a sudden from nowhere I had this incredible pain in my back, it took my breath away made me scream and beg for help although I don't know what help I was expecting, my legs went numb and I thought to myself I have broken my back I'm paralysed. My friend leaped off his bed and tried to help me and I couldn't move I was terrified and in more pain than I can ever remember that includes childbirth :yikes: . He helped me up after about 5 minutes and just let me hang in his arms like a dead thing and slowly slowly the feeling came back to my legs and the pain ebbed slightly, he put me in my bed and I took my pain meds ( which I have been trying to cut down on), that was about six hours ago and I can still feel the pain like someone has stabbed me not so sharp as it was but it is still there.

Sorry for the long and winding explanation I don't know how else to explain it and I am hoping that you will realise I am no stranger to pain but this was unbelieveable and scary as hell, please tell me someone else has had something similar because I am still scared and worried I am losing my legs not just every now and then but totally.

Thanks for reading

Helen
Ms Tigger
UKFM Member

Re: So scared Wow OUCH!!

Postby tireesix » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Maybe you sat a bit funny and trapped a nerve??????? Only thing I can think of......... I haven't had the same as you but I do have a habit of trapping things when joints decide to do odd tings and it is incredibly painful causing pins and needles and weakness in affected limbs.....
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm

Think you need a trip to the docs to get it checked out, never had anything that bad happen sorry :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi Helen

Ouch :hugs: you should give your GP a ring and see what they say, you could have trapped a nerve or your back could have gone into spasm i really dont know but sounds like you need to see the doc to find out what caused this to happen. :dunno:
I have never had this happen to me.

Keep us updated. Hope the pain eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 pm

dont worry iv had that lots oftimes over many years ,,, low back and even worse when its between shoulderblades .. see gp any way to get checked , but i dont think its any thing to much to worry about ( even though i used to freak out)
bye
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems