IBS and bloating

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

IBS and bloating

Postby chookie » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 pm

I have terrible IBS with mainly bloating and constipation and suffered for the past 5 years with it. I am not sure how many of you have this as well as FM, are they connected?

After reading a few success stories regarding peppermint, I decided to pop into Holland And Barratt to purchase some. The lady pointed me in the direction of Enteric Coated Peppermint Gel Capsules, 90 in a box. As there was an offer on the lady advised that taking a probiotic with the peppermint would be a good combination.

The Enteric bit means that the capsules are coated which ensures the peppermint gets to the intestines without breaking down. You don't get heartburn, that nasty reflux taste and the intestines get the whole impact too.

I have to say that even the first dose worked for me and I had a bowel movement that would put any big bloke to shame (i am a 5 foot 3 inch lady) I had been constipated to a week and the bloating put me at a size 12 most days. The bloating is almost gone now that I am on day 2, only a little bit that is worse in the evenings.

I take 2 peppermint caps after every meal and chew 2 strawberry flavoured probitics after breakfast. It says not to have a hot drink with them as the flora are destroyed by heat.

Good luck to anyone who takes this combo, it doesn't work for everyone but it's worth a shot xx
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: IBS and bloating

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Thanks for that i struggle really badly with bloating and im just waiting for some1 to ask me *whens it due* :oops:

I think i may just try them :D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Brill tip :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: they keep working for you :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Roop » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi, that tip sounds like what I need to try out too. I am struggling with ibs and the symptoms of fatigue, :snore1: which are associated with fibro and ibs. I really don't want to visit the doc again. :( So I will thy the combo and I am grateful the the advice. :wink: I will try to remember to let you know howa I got on. :flowers: :flowers:
Roop
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems