arthritis in the knee

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

arthritis in the knee

Postby keyxley » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:34 am

What type of knee brace is good for someone who has arthritis in the knee? My right knee has arthritis. The pain comes and goes. I love jogging and tennis but it just kills me. I hate to give those up but will if it gets too bad. But is there any good knee braces on the market that might alleviate the pain and prevent more damage?
Last edited by keyxley on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
keyxley
UKFM Newbie

Re: arthritis in the knee

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:44 am

Hi
You should ask your Gp`s advice or even a physio`s to make sure you are using the right type, like you said you dont want to cause more damage. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: arthritis in the knee

Postby denys » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:55 pm

I agree with Shaz, it would need to be fitted properly for you to get the most benefit so you need to speak to your doc to get referred to the physio department :goodluck2: with it :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems